Multiple shooting in Toronto
Jul 16, 2012 / 9:37 pm
Toronto police confirm one person is dead and there are "multiple injuries" following a shooting in the city's east end.
There are varying reports on the number of injured, police have not yet provided a figure.
Police say the shooting took place before midnight on Danzig Ave., near Morningside Ave., and Lawrence Ave. East.
Cst. Wendy Drummond says police are asking anyone who saw what happened to provide any information that might help them locate suspects.
Drummond also says officers have been called in from surrounding divisions to assist in the investigation.
Multiple ambulances and fire trucks were called to the scene to treat patients.
Police have not yet provided any information on the age or gender of the victim.
Read more Canada News
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor
- Duffy quits Conservative caucus
- Liquor Control Board averts strike
- Senator Duffy resigns from caucus
- Accused sexual predator to plea guilty