Man shot 3 times, was it suicide?
Jul 12, 2012 / 1:00 pm
A retired Quebec truck driver has died in Costa Rica under what his family calls mysterious circumstances.
Serge Gravel was found shot to death on Monday in a hotel room in the coastal town of Jaco.
Reports say authorities in Costa Rica consider the death a possible suicide, but his family in Quebec disputes that claim and wants authorities to launch a full investigation.
Gravel's sister says her 60-year-old brother had three gunshot wounds to the chest.
Foreign Affairs says its thoughts are with the victim's family and a spokeswoman confirmed Canadian officials in Costa Rica are helping the family.
Read more Canada News
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor
- Duffy quits Conservative caucus
- Liquor Control Board averts strike