Human head belongs to Jun Lin
Jul 4, 2012 / 12:55 pm
Montreal police have confirmed that a human head found in a park belongs to Jun Lin.
Lin's torso was found in a suitcase in late May, while other body parts were mailed to offices of political parties and to two schools.
Police said detectives were notified Wednesday that the body part found in Angrignon Park on Sunday was Lin's head.
Police said Lin's family was informed of the match.
Authorities had previously said the only body part missing from the gruesome dismemberment was the head.
Luka Rocco Magnotta has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the death and will appear in court next year.
Read more Canada News
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor