Body found in Michigan landfill
Jul 3, 2012 / 6:46 am
Authorities in Michigan say they've identified a body found in a Flint-area landfill as that of a 38-year-old Canadian man who had been missing since last month.
The Flint Journal reports police have confirmed the body found Friday by a worker at the Brent Run landfill in Montrose Township was that of Kevin Joseph Arendt of Mississauga, Ont.
Authorities suspect his body arrived in a shipment of Canadian garbage.
Police say Arendt was last seen leaving a bar June 27. Cause of death wasn't known.
Authorities say no foul play is suspected, but the investigation is ongoing.
The landfill is about 110 kilometres northwest of Detroit.
Read more Canada News
- Chief guilty of sexual assault stays chief
- Two face murder in Bosma death
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff
- Anarchist 'panda' leads a new fight