American's love to travel to Canada
Jun 19, 2012 / 6:06 am
Statistics Canada says travel to Canada from abroad rose 0.8 per cent to more than 2.1 million trips in April, pushed up by an increased number of American visitors.
Travel from overseas countries declined.
Overnight travel from the United States rose 2.7 per cent from March to one million trips, while same-day car trips rose 0.6 per cent to 675,000.
Visits from overseas fell 4.2 per cent from a four-year high in March.
Canadian travel abroad declined 0.5 per cent to 5.4 million trips in April, with travel to the United States down 1.8 per cent.
Canadians made 797,000 trips to overseas countries in April, up 0.8 per cent compared with March.
Read more Canada News
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor
- Duffy quits Conservative caucus
- Liquor Control Board averts strike
- Senator Duffy resigns from caucus
- Accused sexual predator to plea guilty
- Duffy debacle
- On the road again-Harper pumps pipeline
- Giant pandas' VIP debut at Toronto Zoo
- Duffy claimed campaigning expenses
- Killer cement truck driver up for parole