Large amount taken from armoured car
Jun 16, 2012 / 3:00 pm
Police say the suspect being sought in a deadly armoured car robbery in Edmonton made off with a significant amount of money in the heist, but they won't say how much.
Travis Baumgartner is wanted on three counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted murder.
Police allege the 21-year-old was part of a crew of five guards re-loading an ATM machine at the University of Alberta early Friday morning.
Four of the guards where shot and three died.
Edmonton police Supt. Bob Hassel says investigators are looking all over for Baumgartner, even in other countries.
He is asking people in rural areas to report any unusual signs of traffic on their properties so that police can check them out.
Read more Canada News
- Chief guilty of sexual assault stays chief
- Two face murder in Bosma death
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff
- Anarchist 'panda' leads a new fight