One dead in Toronto stage collapse
Jun 16, 2012 / 2:15 pm
Toronto police and paramedics say one person is dead and another is seriously hurt after a stage collapsed, apparently while setting up for a Radiohead concert.
They say at least two other people were injured and are being assessed.
Police say one injured person was taken to hospital, the other treated at the scene.
Some at Downsview Park ahead of the show are saying on Twitter that the area has been cleared by emergency crews.
Police say the park wasn't full, but there was a considerable crowd of people already waiting for the show, but they are leaving the area.
A spokesperson for the venue has tweeted that the concert has been cancelled.
The alternative rock band's website had listed the concert as being sold out.
Read more Canada News
- Giant pandas' VIP debut at Toronto Zoo
- Duffy claimed campaigning expenses
- Killer cement truck driver up for parole
- Gretzky collector sells hoard
- Wife is 'broken' after test drive death
- Nordegg fire gallery
- Murder charge laid in test drive death
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found
- Beach trip for bus beheader
- Ferry officer guilty of criminal negligence
- Female dies after high school rugby play