Wednesday, July 23rd21.5°C
21452

72 kids taken to hospital

At least two children were overcome by carbon monoxide at their daycare in St-Eustache, north of Montreal.

The city says on its website that 72 children and about 10 adults were taken to hospital as a preventive measure.

The incident occurred at Les petits explorateurs daycare centre earlier today.

The city says that all parents were advised and the leak is contained within the daycare building.

The St-Eustache fire department is at the scene.

Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless, and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans in high concentrations.

The Canadian Press

COMMENTS WELCOME

Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.



Read more Canada News

21500


Recent Trending





22585


22125

22431



Canada Quick Links Canada Discussion Forum
Government of Canada
Service Canada
Canada Revenue Agency
Statistics Canada
Strategis
Canada Post
Environment Canada



Member of BC Press Council


21881