Bomb elements found in Montreal airport
Oct 28, 2013 / 6:38 am
Montreal police say a suspicious package found at an airport terminal Sunday contained everything needed to make a bomb except the actual explosives.
Spokesman Ian Lafreniere says what was found was not dangerous by itself, but police took no chances.
A 71-year-old man who had a ticket to fly out of Montreal was detained Sunday and is currently being questioned by police. No charges have been laid.
Lafreniere says police also searched an apartment in the residential area of LaSalle and seized some documents, but have found "nothing obvious" so far.
The suspicious package was spotted at a security checkpoint in the U.S. departures area of Trudeau airport early Sunday morning.
Lafreniere says operations at the airport are running normally today.
Read more Canada News
- Roots led to writing for Alice Munro
- Man accused of killing three-year-old
- Harper and former PMs pay respect
- Man to stand trial after Mounties shot
- Environment Min. posts dead bear photo
- Economy adds 21,600 jobs in November
- Widow urges soldiers to 'Go get help'
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides
- 'Outright lie,' says Rob Ford