Canadian sex offender arrested in Seattle
Oct 22, 2013 / 10:19 am
A sex offender who fled Canada has been arrested in Seattle for harassment.
Seattle police said in a statement that Michael Sean Stanley was arrested Tuesday morning. Police say they received several reports of a man yelling in an alley, including one person who had asked Stanley to be quiet. Police say Stanley threatened to assault that person.
Police say Stanley became combative when police arrived at the scene and claimed he had a knife. Authorities say Stanley appeared intoxicated.
Stanley cut off his electronic monitoring bracelet in Canada earlier this month. Officials there issued a public alert describing Stanley as an untreated, violent offender who posed a significant risk. He crossed the border into the United States, and authorities recently had him register as a sex offender in Seattle.
Read more Canada News
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides
- 'Outright lie,' says Rob Ford
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement