PM's office evacuated for bomb threat
Oct 16, 2013 / 9:30 am
Multiple media outlets are reporting that the Prime Minister’s office has been evacuated due to a bomb threat.
There are few details at this point, but police are clearing Sparks Street and a number of emergency services are now on the scene.
The Langevin Block building, home to the PMO, was evacuated just before 12 p.m. EST.
There have also been reports that one person has been taken into custody.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper was not believed to have been inside the building at the time.
Read more Canada News
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter
- Town mourns 4 teens killed in crash
- Obese yet healthy a myth says study
- Ont. man arrested for murder of BC man
- Canadian man accused of espionage
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance