Park staff back after one day strike
Oct 13, 2013 / 7:39 pm
Workers at Quebec's provincial parks are back on the job today after a one-day strike.
Management and staff haven't reached an agreement on a new contract but they are planning to meet early next week.
About 700 unionized employees went on strike Saturday at parks across the province.
All 22 parks in the system remained open, though some services weren't available.
The union says wages are the key issue in negotiations.
Employees in Quebec's provincial park system, known as SEPAQ, make an average of $14 an hour.
Read more Canada News
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill