Men injured trying to build bomb
Oct 12, 2013 / 9:50 am
Saskatoon police say a 20-year-old man has suffered severe injuries while trying to build a pipe bomb.
The department's explosive disposal unit responded to a 911 call on Friday night.
The department says the man sustained extensive injuries to his hand when the device accidentally detonated.
Another 20-year-old man that was in close proximity to the blast was also injured but less severely.
The police department says the scene of the blast has been secured and officers are working to make sure there are no other explosive devices or material on site.
They say they don't know the pair's intent in building the bomb.
Read more Canada News
- Ont. man arrested for murder of BC man
- Canadian man accused of espionage
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance
- Animal abuse law enforcement lacking
- RCMP arrest man on spying charges
- Avoid the legal pitfalls at office parties
- Canada to file Arctic seafloor claim
- Fish-farm's still stuck on Atlantic salmon
- Families remember deadly plane crash
- Four teens killed after crash on NB Hwy