Sex offender Michael Stanley located
Oct 10, 2013 / 11:40 am
EDMONTON - Edmonton police say a violent, high-risk sex offender who has been missing for more than a week has been located in the United States.
But they won't say if he has been arrested or exactly where he is.
Michael Sean Stanley has been missing since Oct. 1 when the electronic monitoring bracelet he was wearing was found in Lloydminster, on the Alberta-Saskatchewan boundary.
He has been the subject of a Canada-wide search and has a long history of sexual offences against women and children.
Lethbridge police found Stanley's SUV in the southern Alberta city a few days ago.
Edmonton police say they have been told that Stanley crossed over the border into the U.S. and will release more information about him later today.
Read more Canada News
- Canadian team leaves the Philippines
- Country star devastated by pilot's death
- Earthquake recorded on Van Island
- Father, son found dead in wreckage
- Ticketing scheme could save police cash
- Oversimplified: cyberbullying & suicide
- Alberta's swimming cat recovers
- Maritimes gets blast of winter
- Naughty or nice?
- Black: 'Attempted coup' against Ford
- Winter storm causes travel problems
- Pilot dies after plane hits house