Okanagan College Media Release
Wondering what food to serve with that Pinotage you picked up last weekend? Looking to plan your own wine tasting event this fall? A new food and wine learning experience offers an unparalleled opportunity for enthusiasts to explore the bounty of the Okanagan Valley.
The three-day program, called the Okanagan Wine and Food Intensive, runs from Friday, August 1, to Sunday, August 3, at Okanagan College’s Penticton campus.
“What better way to spend the long weekend than visiting wineries, meeting wine producers and learning about wine making, viticulture, cooking, and wine and food pairing with Okanagan’s top industry experts,” says Okanagan College’s Director of Food, Wine and Tourism, Jonathan Rouse.
Each day starts and ends at Okanagan College’s Penticton campus. Daily fieldtrips and transportation on a private Grape Escapes tour company bus, seasonal Okanagan lunches, and sensory wine and food education sessions are all included in the Okanagan Wine and Food Intensive learning experience.
“Everyone from wine and food novices to passionate oenophiles will enjoy this course,” says Erin Korpisto, Wine Studies Instructor at Okanagan College and one of the hosts of the Wine and Food Intensive.
"It promises to be a fun-filled exploration of the Okanagan wine region and a rare chance to interact with the region’s top wine and food producers in an intimate setting.”
Joining Korpisto as instructors for the weekend are Okanagan wine experts French-trained Viticulturist Penelope Roche, and Chef, Sommelier and Winemaker Jay Drysdale.
The course runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day leaving participants the evening to explore the multitude of restaurants and events taking place at area wineries and restaurants at their leisure.
At the end of the weekend, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion and handbook of tip sheets, tasting notes and recipes to supplement their wine-food pairing experience at home.
The cost for the three-day Okanagan Wine and Food Intensive is $630. For more details and to register, visit www.okanagan.bc.ca/fwtcourses or call 1-866-510-8899.
Vin-dulge at the Okanagan’s ultimate wine-food pairing course
More Campus Life articles
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- Nursing students’ caring contributions yield warmth for the winter Dec 2
- UBC Okanagan focus of $40 million investment for library expansion and infrastructure upgrades Dec 2
- College business students to battle the best at Queen’s University Dec 1
- Okanagan College student overcomes creative block to win Three-hour Short Story Contest Dec 1
- UBC researcher says management of pine beetle not working Nov 30
- Daily reminders to increase calcium intake are effective Nov 29
- OC business students’ plan yields a trip to Victoria Nov 25
- UBC engages in community partnership to investigate children’s health in BC’s Interior Nov 25
- BSN bridging program recognized by CASN Nov 23
- Provincial funding brings daycare partnership to College’s Penticton campus Nov 22