Okanagan College Media Release
Wondering what food to serve with that Pinotage you picked up last weekend? Looking to plan your own wine tasting event this fall? A new food and wine learning experience offers an unparalleled opportunity for enthusiasts to explore the bounty of the Okanagan Valley.
The three-day program, called the Okanagan Wine and Food Intensive, runs from Friday, August 1, to Sunday, August 3, at Okanagan College’s Penticton campus.
“What better way to spend the long weekend than visiting wineries, meeting wine producers and learning about wine making, viticulture, cooking, and wine and food pairing with Okanagan’s top industry experts,” says Okanagan College’s Director of Food, Wine and Tourism, Jonathan Rouse.
Each day starts and ends at Okanagan College’s Penticton campus. Daily fieldtrips and transportation on a private Grape Escapes tour company bus, seasonal Okanagan lunches, and sensory wine and food education sessions are all included in the Okanagan Wine and Food Intensive learning experience.
“Everyone from wine and food novices to passionate oenophiles will enjoy this course,” says Erin Korpisto, Wine Studies Instructor at Okanagan College and one of the hosts of the Wine and Food Intensive.
"It promises to be a fun-filled exploration of the Okanagan wine region and a rare chance to interact with the region’s top wine and food producers in an intimate setting.”
Joining Korpisto as instructors for the weekend are Okanagan wine experts French-trained Viticulturist Penelope Roche, and Chef, Sommelier and Winemaker Jay Drysdale.
The course runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day leaving participants the evening to explore the multitude of restaurants and events taking place at area wineries and restaurants at their leisure.
At the end of the weekend, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion and handbook of tip sheets, tasting notes and recipes to supplement their wine-food pairing experience at home.
The cost for the three-day Okanagan Wine and Food Intensive is $630. For more details and to register, visit www.okanagan.bc.ca/fwtcourses or call 1-866-510-8899.
Vin-dulge at the Okanagan’s ultimate wine-food pairing course
More Campus Life articles
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- Do think-tanks matter? A UBC professor says 'think again' Jul 22
- Medical Office Assistant training helps launch graduate into a career she never planned for Jul 21
- Researcher looking for answers when a child abandons the family religion Jul 21
- UBC Okanagan reduced carbon footprint in 2015 Jul 20
- Camp OC keeps kids learning all summer long at Okanagan College Jul 19
- Factory-built homes could help cities with tight housing markets Jul 19
- Local builder proud to support future tradespeople Jul 18
- Cell research could help with heart tissue transplants Jul 15
- UBC researchers determine vineyards adversely affect soil quality Jul 14
- Avcorp Industries and UBC agree to pursue innovative partnership Jul 12