Okanagan College Media Release
Students move on to busy lives and careers after College graduation but the memories of the friendships they formed and the experiences they shared during their school years never leave them. At Okanagan College, the newly-launched alumni netCommunity offers graduates a way to stay in touch, rekindle connections, and support the College no matter how far away their lives and careers have taken them.
“People love the College experience and want to keep that connection,” said Okanagan College Alumni Relations Coordinator Katerina Hay. “It’s a big change to go from being immersed in college life every day for a few years and then transition to the workplace. We wanted to gift our alumni with a way to maintain those old friendships and link with like-minded people who have a shared experience.
“netCommunity is an online platform that lets alumni customize how they want to stay involved with the College, including keeping up with news and events of their choice, taking advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities, and engaging with the alumni directory and discussion boards.”
Since the first graduation ceremony 50 years ago, 53,477 individuals have received a certificate, diploma or degree from Okanagan College or one of its predecessor institutions. All alumni can enrol in netCommunity and are eligible for a variety of discounts and benefits, including ongoing and limited time discounts on insurance, movie tickets, concerts, sporting events and travel. They can also access free library cards and employment services to support job searches and career changes.
“Personalizing the connection with the College is a key element,” said Jill Buehler, an alumna of the College who helped install netCommunity. “I especially like the networking feature and opportunities for mentorship that will help with career growth. For people who move out of the Okanagan, it’s a way to keep in touch and hear about new developments.”
Alumni can sign up for netCommunity at http://alumni.okanagan.bc.ca. For more information, contact Katerina Hay at [email protected].
Online netCommunity to connect over 50,000 Okanagan College alumni
More Campus Life articles
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- Lumby team crowned 2017 Spaghetti Bridge champions Mar 20
- UBC Okanagan conference draws digital media experts Mar 17
- Children who play outside more likely to protect nature as adults Mar 17
- Business students shine at WCBC Mar 16
- UBC research paves way for improved road construction Mar 16
- OC Campus Relay paves way for alumnus’ running career Mar 14
- Shining stars, bright minds win top accolades at UBC Okanagan Mar 10
- Shorthanded OC team comes out on top at HRC West Mar 9
- Finalists announced in UBC's Okanagan Short Story Contest Mar 9
- Western Canada gold advances three OC teams to Enactus Nationals Mar 8