Okanagan College Media Release
Students and community members will have the opportunity to speak and network with 60 regional and national employers at the seventh annual Okanagan College Business Expo and Employment Fair in Kelowna on Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014.
Free and open to the public, the event is being held in Centre for Learning from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
“We encourage people throughout the Okanagan Valley to stop by,” said event organizer Jamie Morrow. “Although the event takes place in Kelowna, there will be companies from across Canada attending that are recruiting new staff, including three national banks and a number of multinational organizations. There are job opportunities available regionally and beyond.”
Among the 60 employers who will be onsite with information booths are Sparkling Hill Resort, The City of Kelowna, Natural Factors, Cintas Canada Ltd, Tolko Industries Ltd., Scotiabank and JV Driver Projects.
“This event is for anyone considering a new career,” explained Morrow. “The Fair brings industry experts together with those seeking jobs and careers, enabling a direct line of communication and networking for job seekers.”
The Business Expo and Employment Fair is presented by the Okanagan School of Business and the Okanagan College Student, Graduate and Co-op Employment Centre.
For more information and a full list of participating employers, visit www.okanagan.bc.ca or contact Jamie Morrow at 250-762-5445 ext. 4726.
Career opportunities the focus of College’s Business Expo and Employment Fair
More Campus Life articles
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- High school students invited to Experience OC Apr 26
- CANsave encourages local elementary students to give back Apr 20
- Applied research RIPE with opportunity in the Okanagan Apr 19
- Kamloops writer wins UBC’s Okanagan annual short story contest Apr 19
- UBC professor curates international exhibit of African print fashion Apr 18
- OC students notch 13 podium finishes at Skills Canada BC competition Apr 12
- Okanagan chefs ready to get their Soup’s On for a good cause Apr 12
- UBC researchers connect common fats to a lazy lifestyle and diabetes Apr 12
- New tool can help estimate genetically modified pollen spread Apr 10
- Bickley claims back-to-back OC Half Marathon titles Apr 9