Okanagan College Media Release
Students and community members will have the opportunity to speak and network with 60 regional and national employers at the seventh annual Okanagan College Business Expo and Employment Fair in Kelowna on Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014.
Free and open to the public, the event is being held in Centre for Learning from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
“We encourage people throughout the Okanagan Valley to stop by,” said event organizer Jamie Morrow. “Although the event takes place in Kelowna, there will be companies from across Canada attending that are recruiting new staff, including three national banks and a number of multinational organizations. There are job opportunities available regionally and beyond.”
Among the 60 employers who will be onsite with information booths are Sparkling Hill Resort, The City of Kelowna, Natural Factors, Cintas Canada Ltd, Tolko Industries Ltd., Scotiabank and JV Driver Projects.
“This event is for anyone considering a new career,” explained Morrow. “The Fair brings industry experts together with those seeking jobs and careers, enabling a direct line of communication and networking for job seekers.”
The Business Expo and Employment Fair is presented by the Okanagan School of Business and the Okanagan College Student, Graduate and Co-op Employment Centre.
For more information and a full list of participating employers, visit www.okanagan.bc.ca or contact Jamie Morrow at 250-762-5445 ext. 4726.
Career opportunities the focus of College’s Business Expo and Employment Fair
More Campus Life articles
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- Student wins international award at major conference May 27
- Hamilton to stay as OC President until 2019 May 26
- UBC researchers discover cure for ‘concrete cancer’ May 25
- Good vibrations: College students launch new venture to change the way we think about sound May 24
- Okanagan College business student off to Tanzania on prestigious international fellowship May 20
- UBC works with small schools to tackle big problems May 20
- UBC research targets oil and gas pipeline safety May 20
- Ford dealer drives up support for new trades complex, celebrates father’s legacy May 16
- UBC research aims to make swimming healthier, more energy efficient May 16
- Okanagan College business students, advisors and faculty recognized for excellence on national stage May 13