Okanagan College Media Release
Students and community members will have the opportunity to speak and network with 60 regional and national employers at the seventh annual Okanagan College Business Expo and Employment Fair in Kelowna on Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014.
Free and open to the public, the event is being held in Centre for Learning from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
“We encourage people throughout the Okanagan Valley to stop by,” said event organizer Jamie Morrow. “Although the event takes place in Kelowna, there will be companies from across Canada attending that are recruiting new staff, including three national banks and a number of multinational organizations. There are job opportunities available regionally and beyond.”
Among the 60 employers who will be onsite with information booths are Sparkling Hill Resort, The City of Kelowna, Natural Factors, Cintas Canada Ltd, Tolko Industries Ltd., Scotiabank and JV Driver Projects.
“This event is for anyone considering a new career,” explained Morrow. “The Fair brings industry experts together with those seeking jobs and careers, enabling a direct line of communication and networking for job seekers.”
The Business Expo and Employment Fair is presented by the Okanagan School of Business and the Okanagan College Student, Graduate and Co-op Employment Centre.
For more information and a full list of participating employers, visit www.okanagan.bc.ca or contact Jamie Morrow at 250-762-5445 ext. 4726.
Career opportunities the focus of College’s Business Expo and Employment Fair
More Campus Life articles
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- Music may help make high-intensity interval training viable option for average person Oct 20
- UBC professors share insight about the brain during Mini-Med Oct 19
- UBC research offers faster way to confirm safety of oil and gas pipelines Oct 18
- OC business team brings home Social EnterPrize Oct 17
- UBC and Kal Tire announce research partnership Oct 17
- Nutech supports new Trades Complex Oct 14
- Ready to write? 3-Hour short story contest returns Oct 14
- UBC identifies bacteria linked to acid produced at mining sites Oct 13
- Snow could reduce need for air conditioning Oct 12
- Tops in tomatoes – OC students hit trifecta in Florida recipe contest Oct 6