Okanagan College Media Release
Students and community members will have the opportunity to speak and network with 60 regional and national employers at the seventh annual Okanagan College Business Expo and Employment Fair in Kelowna on Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014.
Free and open to the public, the event is being held in Centre for Learning from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
“We encourage people throughout the Okanagan Valley to stop by,” said event organizer Jamie Morrow. “Although the event takes place in Kelowna, there will be companies from across Canada attending that are recruiting new staff, including three national banks and a number of multinational organizations. There are job opportunities available regionally and beyond.”
Among the 60 employers who will be onsite with information booths are Sparkling Hill Resort, The City of Kelowna, Natural Factors, Cintas Canada Ltd, Tolko Industries Ltd., Scotiabank and JV Driver Projects.
“This event is for anyone considering a new career,” explained Morrow. “The Fair brings industry experts together with those seeking jobs and careers, enabling a direct line of communication and networking for job seekers.”
The Business Expo and Employment Fair is presented by the Okanagan School of Business and the Okanagan College Student, Graduate and Co-op Employment Centre.
For more information and a full list of participating employers, visit www.okanagan.bc.ca or contact Jamie Morrow at 250-762-5445 ext. 4726.
Career opportunities the focus of College’s Business Expo and Employment Fair
More Campus Life articles
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- Comba and Stewart receive OC Alumni Association’s highest honours Aug 23
- New UBC program feeds demand for creative tech-savvy workers Aug 22
- OC and Toyota Technical College celebrate 25 years of cultural and educational exchange Aug 19
- Aboriginal students can gain jobsite skills through CCWAB program Aug 18
- Two new board members for Okanagan College Aug 16
- Education uncorks wine industry opportunities Aug 12
- UBC researchers develop drinking water quality index tool for municipalities Aug 11
- 10 years of opening eyes and shutters to digital camera capabilities Aug 10
- UBC research aims to help Canadian flax farmers Aug 10
- Okanagan College student passionate about building a lasting health and safety culture Aug 9