Okanagan College Media Release
Students and community members will have the opportunity to speak and network with 60 regional and national employers at the seventh annual Okanagan College Business Expo and Employment Fair in Kelowna on Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014.
Free and open to the public, the event is being held in Centre for Learning from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
“We encourage people throughout the Okanagan Valley to stop by,” said event organizer Jamie Morrow. “Although the event takes place in Kelowna, there will be companies from across Canada attending that are recruiting new staff, including three national banks and a number of multinational organizations. There are job opportunities available regionally and beyond.”
Among the 60 employers who will be onsite with information booths are Sparkling Hill Resort, The City of Kelowna, Natural Factors, Cintas Canada Ltd, Tolko Industries Ltd., Scotiabank and JV Driver Projects.
“This event is for anyone considering a new career,” explained Morrow. “The Fair brings industry experts together with those seeking jobs and careers, enabling a direct line of communication and networking for job seekers.”
The Business Expo and Employment Fair is presented by the Okanagan School of Business and the Okanagan College Student, Graduate and Co-op Employment Centre.
For more information and a full list of participating employers, visit www.okanagan.bc.ca or contact Jamie Morrow at 250-762-5445 ext. 4726.
Career opportunities the focus of College’s Business Expo and Employment Fair
More Campus Life articles
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- New moms moving toward the bottle Dec 7
- Nursing students’ caring contributions yield warmth for the winter Dec 2
- UBC Okanagan focus of $40 million investment for library expansion and infrastructure upgrades Dec 2
- College business students to battle the best at Queen’s University Dec 1
- Okanagan College student overcomes creative block to win Three-hour Short Story Contest Dec 1
- UBC researcher says management of pine beetle not working Nov 30
- Daily reminders to increase calcium intake are effective Nov 29
- OC business students’ plan yields a trip to Victoria Nov 25
- UBC engages in community partnership to investigate children’s health in BC’s Interior Nov 25
- BSN bridging program recognized by CASN Nov 23