Okanagan College Media Release
Students and community members will have the opportunity to speak and network with 60 regional and national employers at the seventh annual Okanagan College Business Expo and Employment Fair in Kelowna on Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014.
Free and open to the public, the event is being held in Centre for Learning from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
“We encourage people throughout the Okanagan Valley to stop by,” said event organizer Jamie Morrow. “Although the event takes place in Kelowna, there will be companies from across Canada attending that are recruiting new staff, including three national banks and a number of multinational organizations. There are job opportunities available regionally and beyond.”
Among the 60 employers who will be onsite with information booths are Sparkling Hill Resort, The City of Kelowna, Natural Factors, Cintas Canada Ltd, Tolko Industries Ltd., Scotiabank and JV Driver Projects.
“This event is for anyone considering a new career,” explained Morrow. “The Fair brings industry experts together with those seeking jobs and careers, enabling a direct line of communication and networking for job seekers.”
The Business Expo and Employment Fair is presented by the Okanagan School of Business and the Okanagan College Student, Graduate and Co-op Employment Centre.
For more information and a full list of participating employers, visit www.okanagan.bc.ca or contact Jamie Morrow at 250-762-5445 ext. 4726.
Career opportunities the focus of College’s Business Expo and Employment Fair
More Campus Life articles
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- Salmon Arm campus and community recognize students Jun 24
- UBC celebrates national research grants Jun 24
- Human brain wired to avoid information overload Jun 23
- Slowing down ships saves whales Jun 16
- Alumnus celebrates College’s history with gift for tradespeople of tomorrow Jun 15
- UBC develops tool to predict how bighorn sheep react to human development Jun 15
- Okanagan College instructor ready to change the way kids think about food Jun 10
- Astronaut and water scientist conferred with honorary degrees at UBC Okanagan Jun 10
- Engineering PhD student wins prestigious Governor General gold medal Jun 10
- Cancer researcher and advocate wins top student prize Jun 10