Okanagan College Media Release
Students and community members will have the opportunity to speak and network with 60 regional and national employers at the seventh annual Okanagan College Business Expo and Employment Fair in Kelowna on Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014.
Free and open to the public, the event is being held in Centre for Learning from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
“We encourage people throughout the Okanagan Valley to stop by,” said event organizer Jamie Morrow. “Although the event takes place in Kelowna, there will be companies from across Canada attending that are recruiting new staff, including three national banks and a number of multinational organizations. There are job opportunities available regionally and beyond.”
Among the 60 employers who will be onsite with information booths are Sparkling Hill Resort, The City of Kelowna, Natural Factors, Cintas Canada Ltd, Tolko Industries Ltd., Scotiabank and JV Driver Projects.
“This event is for anyone considering a new career,” explained Morrow. “The Fair brings industry experts together with those seeking jobs and careers, enabling a direct line of communication and networking for job seekers.”
The Business Expo and Employment Fair is presented by the Okanagan School of Business and the Okanagan College Student, Graduate and Co-op Employment Centre.
For more information and a full list of participating employers, visit www.okanagan.bc.ca or contact Jamie Morrow at 250-762-5445 ext. 4726.
Career opportunities the focus of College’s Business Expo and Employment Fair
More Campus Life articles
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- Business students prepare to head east for prominent case competition Nov 30
- Horizon Electric lights up Okanagan College with trades complex donation Nov 30
- Penticton adopts UBC nursing students’ Baby Friendly Initiative Nov 26
- College graduates answer school district’s needs Nov 25
- Interactive learning tools help students map the brain Nov 25
- New Inclusive Technology Lab levels the academic field at UBC Nov 24
- UBC Okanagan flu vaccine numbers receive shot in the arm Nov 23
- Engineering student represents Canada at world trampoline championship Nov 20
- College brings its renowned Culinary program to Revelstoke Nov 19
- Research pokes holes in police tactics to obtain confessions of crime Nov 18