Viacom's Paramount Pictures to trim 110 positions or 5 per cent of global staff
Oct 2, 2013 / 11:06 am
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Viacom Inc.'s movie studio, Paramount Pictures, is cutting 110 positions worldwide in a reorganization that the company says will help it adapt to increasing competition.
Paramount Chief Operating Officer Frederick Huntsberry announced the move in a memo to staff on Tuesday.
The job reductions amount to about 5 per cent of Paramount's workforce of 2,200 and are being made across several departments including finance, international home media distribution and marketing.
Shares in New York-based Viacom rose 75 cents, or almost 1 per cent, to $84.33 in regular-session trading. They tacked on another 3 cents after hours.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.11||+0.05|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.34||-0.055|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.55||+0.08|
Opportunities to Be Aware of This Year As the 2013 year is coming to an end, individuals should be mindful of year-end tax planning opportunities that will need to be implemented prior to December 31s...
When was the last time you thought about your mortgage? Most people take out a mortgage with their bank for five years and then forget about it. When you took out that mortgage did anyone discuss ot...
Recently, people have been asking me about my recent Stand Up Paddle adventure around the entire Okanagan Lake. Here is an excerpt from an article I wrote with a link at the end to the complete artic...
- Board changes expected at Barrick should boost investor sentiment
- Survey: US businesses add 215,000 jobs in November, the most in 12 months
- Descartes reports record Q3 revenue, net income falls, following acquisition
- Three years in the making, Canada's anti-spam law coming into force next year
- Rogers snaps up naming rights to future downtown home of Edmonton Oilers
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs across the company including about 50 from editorial
- Conservatives and NDP battle in war of words over competing energy policies
- BOC to hold interest rates
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: BoC keeps key interest rate unchanged at one per cent
- TSX drops 100 points, Bank of Montreal falls 4.5% as earnings report disappoints
- National Bank to hike dividend following $1.55 billion 2013 annual profit