Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Oct 2, 2013 / 7:38 am
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Tuesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (12,847.44 up 60.25 points):
Mirabela Nickel Ltd. (TSX:MNB). Miner. Down a penny, or 66.67 per cent, at half a cent on 12.86 million shares. Votorantim Metais Niquel S.A., one of the company's two customers, has provided a date for the closure of its smelting facilities after having given a warning last week. Votorantim said it will close its facilities at the end of November due to "adverse nickel market conditions."
Talisman Energy Inc. (TSX:TLM). Oil and gas. Up 58 cents, or 4.91 per cent, at $12.40 on 9.96 million shares. The energy sector was one of the gainers on the main index, up 0.87 per cent.
Petrominerales Ltd. (TSX:PMG). Oil and gas. Down three cents, or 0.26 per cent, at $11.67 on 8.95 million shares.
Air Canada (TSX:AC.B). Airline. Up 22 cents, or 6.23 per cent, at $3.75 on 4.89 million shares.
Golcorp Inc. (TSX:G). Miner. Down 74 cents, or 2.76 per cent, at $26.06 on 4.20 million shares.
Toronto Venture Exchange (942.04 up 0.88 of a point):
Alston Energy Inc. (TSXV:ALO). Oil and natural gas explorer. Unchanged at half a cent on 6.58 million shares.
Petroamerica Oil Corp. (TSXV:PTA). Oil and gas. Down two cents, or 6.15 per cent, at 30.5 cents on 5.70 million shares.
Companies reporting major news:
Enbridge Inc. (TSX:ENB). Pipeline. Down 58 cents, or 1.35 per cent, at $42.44 on 1.89 million shares. An executive of the Calgary-based company said it is planning to build a $1-billion pipeline to bring diluent â€” used to thin oilsands bitumen so it can flow through pipelines â€” to industry players in northern Alberta.
Encana Corp. (TSX:ECA). Natural gas. Up 14 cents, or 0.79 per cent, at $17.94 on 2.85 million shares. The natural gas giant is paring down its management ranks with five executives leaving the company. CEO Doug Suttles calls the move "a simpler organizational structure with clear accountabilities across the company."
Tembec Inc. (TSX:TMB). Forestry. Up 12 cents, or 4.90 per cent, at $2.57 on 40,434 shares. Tembec has agreed to sell nearly 2,000 hectares of land in British Columbia to Jemi Holdings Ltd., for $4.2 million.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.11||+0.05|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.34||-0.055|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.55||+0.08|
Opportunities to Be Aware of This Year As the 2013 year is coming to an end, individuals should be mindful of year-end tax planning opportunities that will need to be implemented prior to December 31s...
When was the last time you thought about your mortgage? Most people take out a mortgage with their bank for five years and then forget about it. When you took out that mortgage did anyone discuss ot...
Recently, people have been asking me about my recent Stand Up Paddle adventure around the entire Okanagan Lake. Here is an excerpt from an article I wrote with a link at the end to the complete artic...
- Survey: US businesses add 215,000 jobs in November, the most in 12 months
- Descartes reports record Q3 revenue, net income falls, following acquisition
- Three years in the making, Canada's anti-spam law coming into force next year
- Rogers snaps up naming rights to future downtown home of Edmonton Oilers
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs across the company including about 50 from editorial
- Conservatives and NDP battle in war of words over competing energy policies
- BOC to hold interest rates
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: BoC keeps key interest rate unchanged at one per cent
- TSX drops 100 points, Bank of Montreal falls 4.5% as earnings report disappoints
- National Bank to hike dividend following $1.55 billion 2013 annual profit
- CN says redesigning tanker cars most important issue from Lac-Megantic