US home prices rise 12. 4 per cent in August from year earlier, but monthly gain slows
Oct 1, 2013 / 9:52 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices climbed 12.4 per cent in August from a year ago, fueled by more buyers bidding on a limited supply of houses.
Real estate provider CoreLogic says prices also increased 0.9 per cent in August from July. But the gain was half the 1.8 per cent increase in July from June. The group said higher mortgage rates and the end of the summer buying season likely slowed the gains.
Prices rose in every state compared with the previous year, and in 99 of the 100 largest cities. Akron, Ohio was the only area to report a decline.
Mortgage rates have risen about a full percentage point since May. Some analysts worry that higher rates could slow home sales.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.28||+0.09|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.38||0.00|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.54||-0.01|
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
- Healthy hiring in November would mark fourth straight month of solid job growth
- Bruce Lee's iconic yellow jumpsuit fetches $100,000 at Hong Kong auction
- Spotify to allow users to create playlists on phones and tablets and listen to them for free
- US lurching from 'crisis to crisis,' politics influenced by money: Gary Doer
- Governments offers help to develop seal products in backing Atlantic industry
- Precision Drilling shares plummet as Alberta fund manager sells stake
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- CIBC logs $836M profit in Q4, cautiously optimistic about next year
- Auto insurers urge holiday season refresher as young drivers return home
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: Canada creates 21,600 jobs, Nov. jobless rate 6.9%
- New CEO will help prepare Royal Bank for future, as divisions feel the pressure
- TD Bank Q4 profit rises to $1.62 billion, adjusted earnings up but miss estimate