Rogers launching a digital all-you-can-read subscription service for magazines
Sep 26, 2013 / 11:12 pm
TORONTO - Rogers is launching a digital all-you-can-read subscription service for magazines.
Next Issue Canada will allow subscribers to pay a monthly fee for unlimited access to new and old issues of more than 100 top magazines through a tablet app, including Chatelaine, Esquire, FLARE, GQ, Maclean's, the New Yorker, Rolling Stone, Sports Illustrated, Sportsnet, TIME, Vanity Fair and Vogue.
It's $9.99 a month for access to monthly magazines, and an additional $5 a month to also get weekly magazines. The service will be available starting Oct. 15 to Rogers wireless and cable customers, who will get a two-month free trial. On Dec. 15, Next Issue Canada will become available to all Canadians with the first month free.
A French version of the tablet app will not be available until next year.
Next Issue Canada will be competing with a very similar free alternative offered by many libraries in cities across Canada â€”including Edmonton, Ottawa, Regina, Saskatoon, Toronto, Vancouver and in Quebec â€” that is run by the digital magazine company Zinio.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.28||+0.09|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.38||0.00|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.54||-0.01|
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
- Bruce Lee's iconic yellow jumpsuit fetches $100,000 at Hong Kong auction
- Spotify to allow users to create playlists on phones and tablets and listen to them for free
- US lurching from 'crisis to crisis,' politics influenced by money: Gary Doer
- Governments offers help to develop seal products in backing Atlantic industry
- Precision Drilling shares plummet as Alberta fund manager sells stake
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- CIBC logs $836M profit in Q4, cautiously optimistic about next year
- Auto insurers urge holiday season refresher as young drivers return home
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: Canada creates 21,600 jobs, Nov. jobless rate 6.9%
- New CEO will help prepare Royal Bank for future, as divisions feel the pressure
- TD Bank Q4 profit rises to $1.62 billion, adjusted earnings up but miss estimate
- TSX drops 105 points amid mixed earnings from RBC, TD and CIBC, Fed concerns