Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Sep 25, 2013 / 6:20 am
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Tuesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (12,848.89 up 37.72 points):
Rockgate Capital Corp. (TSX:RGT). Miner. Unchanged at 20.5 cents on 8.01 million shares.
Kinross Gold Corp. (TSX:K). Miner. Down 12 cents, or 2.29 per cent, at $5.13 on 5.7 million shares. The gold sector rose about 0.3 per cent as December bullion faded $10.70 to US$1,316.30 an ounce.
San Gold Corp. (TSX:SGR). Miner. Unchanged at 16.5 cents on 5.6 million shares.
Bombardier Inc. (TSX:BBD.B). Plane and train maker. Up six cents, or 1.25 per cent, at $4.87 on 5.1 million shares.
Air Canada (TSX:AC.B). Airline. Up 19 cents, or 5.71 per cent, at $3.52 on 4.4 million shares.
Telus Corp. (TSX:T). Wireless communications. Up 12 cents, or 0.34 per cent, at $35.56 on 4.2 million shares.
Toronto Venture Exchange (946.12 up 1.23 points):
Zodiac Exploration Inc. (TSXV:ZEX). Oil and gas. Down one cent, or 10 per cent, at nine cents on 5.2 million shares.
Standard Exploration Ltd. (TSXV:SDE). Oil and gas. Up half a cent, or 10 per cent, at 5.5 cents on 4.2 million shares.
Companies reporting major news:
BlackBerry (TSX:BB), Smartphone maker. Down 30 cents, or 3.30 per cent, at $8.78 on 3.7 million shares. BlackBerry was a weak spot a day after receiving a $9-a-share takeover bid that would see the company taken private.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. (TSX:CNQ). Oil and gas. Down 14 cents, or 0.43 per cent, at $32.15 on 1.07 million shares. The Primrose oilsands project in northern Alberta has been issued an environmental protection order. The Alberta government says the company must remove most of the water from one of its bitumen leak sites before it freezes.
Sears Canada Inc. (TSX:SCC). Retailer. Down seven cents, or 0.56 per cent, at $12.34 on 22,285 shares. CEO Calvin McDonald, who has spearheaded a number of major initiatives to reposition the company in an increasingly competitive market, is leaving the retailer for another job.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.19||+0.08|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.38||+0.04|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.55||0.00|
I saw your comment while reading your business article on Castanet regarding Harvey’s Hamburgers being the “Best Tasting Hamburgers". It is true, Harvey’s usually wins that awa...
Opportunities to Be Aware of This Year As the 2013 year is coming to an end, individuals should be mindful of year-end tax planning opportunities that will need to be implemented prior to December 31s...
When was the last time you thought about your mortgage? Most people take out a mortgage with their bank for five years and then forget about it. When you took out that mortgage did anyone discuss ot...
- US factory orders drop 0.9 per cent in October on fewer orders for aircrafts and computers
- Kroger 3rd-quarter profit matches Wall Street expectations; sticks to its outlook for the year
- Government's 1st measure of creative economy finds arts, culture add $500 billion to GDP
- Transcontinental buys 74 Sun Media community papers in Quebec for $75M
- Canada's exporting sector expects to improve sales over next six months
- Sun Media sells 74 community papers
- Capital Power, Enmax to jointly develop new gas-fired plant near Edmonton
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: Tiff Macklem to step down from Bank of Canada
- US economy expands at 3.6 per cent rate in Q3 but business stockpiles drive half of the growth
- US jobless claims tumble 23,000 to 298,000, sign that companies are laying off fewer workers
- CIBC plans to open a branch at Pearson airport to draw in travellers, newcomers
- Transcontinental buying 74 Sun Media community papers in Quebec for $75 million