Sears Canada CEO resigns for another job, operations chief put in charge
Sep 24, 2013 / 4:20 am
TORONTO - Sears Canada (TSX:SCC) has a change in top management as its chief executive leaves for another job opportunity.
Calvin McDonald, who has been leading a multi-year transformation of Sears Canada, will be replaced as president and CEO by another senior executive.
The company says McDonald resigned to pursue an opportunity with a "leading international company," which it didn't identify.
His replacement is Douglas Campbell, who has been chief operating officer for Sears Canada.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.16||-0.02|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.375||+0.046|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.54||+0.01|
Big Picture Bank earnings and upbeat economic news highlight an active week In contrast with last week’s quieter, U.S. holiday-shortened week, the first week of December was a comparatively acti...
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
- Empire says healthier food offering and Safeway deal will keep it competitive
- Americans make more big purchases this holiday season, but traditional stores see fewer sales
- Merrill Lynch paying $131.8M to settle SEC charges of misleading investors on mortgage bonds
- Beastie Boys fire back with lawsuit over Northern California toy company song parody
- Ontario Lottery looking to expand in Niagara Falls with entertainment centre
- U.S. Republican party's internal tensions erupt into the open
- Supreme Court gives green light to class suit against fund managers
- Winter travel costs on the rise as Transat also contemplates currency surcharge
- CRTC wants to know if big players charge competition too much for network use
- US stocks are mixed as robust economic reports and a new budget deal suggest early Fed exit
- Hike gas tax by up to 10 cents a litre to help fund public transit: panel
- Ad or not, soaring WestJet viral video a branding win: marketing experts