Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Sep 18, 2013 / 11:14 am
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Tuesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (12,834.11 up 17.23 points):
Surge Energy Inc. (TSX:SGY). Oil and gas. Down 11 cents, or 1.79 per cent, at $6.04 on 8.81 million shares. The energy subgroup led decliners by percentage on the TSX, sliding 0.36 per cent to 263.05 points.
Rockgate Capital Corp. (TSX:RGT). Miner. Up five cents, or 32.26 per cent, at 20.5 cents on 5.18 million shares.
Bombardier Inc. (TSX:BBD.B). Plane and train maker. Unchanged at $4.96 on 5.10 million shares. The company's CSeries aircraft completed its maiden flight Monday after several delays.
Platinum Group Metals Ltd. (TSX:PTM). Metals exploration. Unchanged at $1.11 on 3.33 million shares.
Iamgold Corp. (TSX:IMG). Miner. Up 16 cents, or 2.99 per cent, at $5.52 on 3.30 million shares. The gold sector led the advancers on the main index, up 1.21 per cent to 179.32 points.
Toronto Venture Exchange (935.42 down 4.12 points):
Donner Metals Ltd. (TSXV:DON). Metals explorer. Up half a cent, or 100 per cent, at one cent on 6.22 million shares.
Iona Energy Inc. (TSXV:INA). Oil and gas. Up three cents, or five per cent, at 63 cents on 5.93 million shares.
Companies reporting major news:
Barrick Gold Corp. (TSX:ABX). Miner. Up 12 cents, or 0.64 per cent, at $18.87 on 2.36 million shares. The gold giant said it was looking to strengthen its governance practices, including adding new independent directors to its board Barrick currently has seven independent directors on its 13-member board.
Fairfax Financial Holdings Inc. (TSX:FFH). Insurance. Down $2.42, or 0.57 per cent, at $419.93 on 40,152 shares. The Financial Post reported that Fairfax is in talks with Cara Operations, the owner of Swiss Chalet and Harvey's, aimed at uniting it with Fairfax-owned Prime Restaurant Group, operator of East Side Mario's, Casey's and other restaurants.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.18||+0.07|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.38||+0.04|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.52||-0.03|
I saw your comment while reading your business article on Castanet regarding Harvey’s Hamburgers being the “Best Tasting Hamburgers". It is true, Harvey’s usually wins that awa...
Opportunities to Be Aware of This Year As the 2013 year is coming to an end, individuals should be mindful of year-end tax planning opportunities that will need to be implemented prior to December 31s...
When was the last time you thought about your mortgage? Most people take out a mortgage with their bank for five years and then forget about it. When you took out that mortgage did anyone discuss ot...
- Canada posts first trade surplus in 22 months, but exports still weak
- China bars banks from handling bitcoin in new setback for cybercurrency
- Nielsen: Football and other fancy footwork ruled in prime time last week
- Netflix sets Season 2 release of 'House of Cards' on Feb. 14
- US stocks waver as investors try to guess when the Fed will pull back on stimulus; Sears drops
- Study compares tech habits of Canadian boomers versus Gen Y and Z consumers
- US service sector expands at weaker pace in November as sales, orders and hiring slow.
- Survey: CEOs more optimistic about US economy, hiring and sales in the next 6 months
- US new-home sales jump in October to seasonally adjusted annual rate of 444,000
- Board changes expected at Barrick should boost investor sentiment
- Survey: US businesses add 215,000 jobs in November, the most in 12 months
- Descartes reports record Q3 revenue, net income falls, following acquisition