Foreigners bought $6.1 billion in Cdn securities in July: StatsCan
Sep 16, 2013 / 7:46 pm
OTTAWA - Statistics Canada says foreign investors resumed purchases of Canadian securities in July, adding $6.1 billion to their holdings.
It says this followed a $15.4 billion divestment in June.
Meanwhile, Canadian investment in foreign securities slowed to $900 million and focused on bonds.
The agency says non-residents bought $3.6 billion in Canadian bonds in July.
Foreign investors bought Canadian equities for a fourth straight month, adding $1.5 billion to their holdings in July with shares from the energy and gold sectors leading way.
Canadian acquisitions of foreign securities slowed to $900 million in July from $3.7 billion in June, with investments focused on foreign bonds.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.19||0.00|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.315||-0.045|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.58||0.00|
Big Picture Bank earnings and upbeat economic news highlight an active week In contrast with last week’s quieter, U.S. holiday-shortened week, the first week of December was a comparatively acti...
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
- Sales of extra-large smartphones will take off in 2014: tech prediction
- Pilot's fears came true as plane crashed
- 'Sound of Music,' Panthers-Saints game draw viewers to NBC, giving it a strong ratings week
- Raitt defends Canada Post's decision to phase out urban mail delivery
- Extreme weather apparel maker Canada Goose sells majority stake to Bain Capital
- OPG fires 3 executives after auditor says generous salaries push up hydro rates
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- Canada Post to phase out home delivery; eliminate thousands of postions
- Gas main leak that led to fire, evacuations in Oakland, California, is capped
- Reid says Senate will not extend farm law despite threat of milk prices rising
- Canadian Press NewsAlert:Canada Post to phase out home delivery in urban centres
- Tax prepare H&R Block posts slightly smaller 2Q loss, dip in revenue