Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Sep 16, 2013 / 5:40 am
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Friday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (12,723.40 up 22.34 points):
Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. (TSX:POT). Fertilizer. Up 76 cents, or 2.32 per cent, at $33.57 on 5.38 million shares.
Air Canada (TSX:AC.B). Airline. Up three cents, or 0.92 per cent, at $3.28 on four million shares.
Semafo Inc. (TSX:SMF). Miner. Up four cents, or 2.12 per cent, at $1.93 on 3.89 million shares.
Cequence Energy Ltd. (TSX:CQE). Oil and gas. Up three cents, or 1.82 per cent, at $1.68 on 3.64 million shares.
Eldorado Gold Corp. (TSX:ELD). Miner. Up nine cents, or 1.25 per cent, at $7.28 on 3.27 million shares.
Toronto Venture Exchange (941.50 up 1.11 points):
Zodiac Exploration Inc. (TSXV:ZEX). Oil and gas. Up half a cent, or 4.55 per cent, at 11.5 cents on 4.78 million shares.
Caribou King Resources Ltd. (TSXV:CKR). Junior explorer. Up two cents, or 30.77 per cent, at 8.5 cents on 3.54 million shares.
Companies reporting major news:
AltaGas Ltd. (TSX:ALA). Oil and gas. Up 43 cents, or 1.23 per cent, at $35.43 on 305,715 shares. The Calgary-based company is buying a 25 per cent stake in privately held Petrogas Energy Corp. in a deal it says will help it move natural gas liquids and crude oil to North American markets.
Atco Ltd. (TSX:ACO.X). Utilities. Up 42 cents, or 0.95 per cent, at $44.60 on 110,818 shares. The company sold its half of the Tecno Fast Atco joint venture in South America to its partner for C$124 million. Atco Structures and Logistics said it will evaluate re-entering the South American modular structures market in the future.
TransCanada (TSX:TRP). Oil and gas. Down 11 cents, or 0.24 per cent, at $45.37 on 686,014 shares. A joint announcement says that TransCanada has reached a revised agreement with Enbridge (TSX:ENB), Gaz Metro and Union Gas that could resolve a dispute over how key infrastructure is shared in the Greater Toronto Area. Enbridge stock fell, 13 cents, or 0.31 per cent, to $42.21 on 1.22 million shares.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.11||+0.05|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.34||-0.055|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.55||+0.08|
Opportunities to Be Aware of This Year As the 2013 year is coming to an end, individuals should be mindful of year-end tax planning opportunities that will need to be implemented prior to December 31s...
When was the last time you thought about your mortgage? Most people take out a mortgage with their bank for five years and then forget about it. When you took out that mortgage did anyone discuss ot...
Recently, people have been asking me about my recent Stand Up Paddle adventure around the entire Okanagan Lake. Here is an excerpt from an article I wrote with a link at the end to the complete artic...
- Board changes expected at Barrick should boost investor sentiment
- Survey: US businesses add 215,000 jobs in November, the most in 12 months
- Descartes reports record Q3 revenue, net income falls, following acquisition
- Three years in the making, Canada's anti-spam law coming into force next year
- Rogers snaps up naming rights to future downtown home of Edmonton Oilers
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs across the company including about 50 from editorial
- Conservatives and NDP battle in war of words over competing energy policies
- BOC to hold interest rates
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: BoC keeps key interest rate unchanged at one per cent
- TSX drops 100 points, Bank of Montreal falls 4.5% as earnings report disappoints
- National Bank to hike dividend following $1.55 billion 2013 annual profit