Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Sep 12, 2013 / 7:10 am
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (12,825.42 up 0.94 of a point):
Ainsworth Lumber Co. Ltd. (TXS:ANS). Forestry. Down four cents, or 1.03 per cent, at $3.84 on 11.85 million shares.
TORC Oil & Gas Ltd. (TSX:TOG). Oil and gas. Up six cents, or 3.45 per cent, at $1.80 on 9.04 million shares.
PhosCan Chemical Corp. (TSX:FOS). Down half a cent, or 1.85 per cent, at 26.5 cents on 7.24 million shares.
Ithaca Energy Inc. (TSX:IAE). Oil and gas. Up 31 cents, or 15.20 per cent, at $2.35 on 4.7 million shares. The company announced a "highly successful" flow test on its Stella field development well in the U.K.'s central North Sea.
Sulliden Gold Corp. Ltd. (TSX:SUE). Miner. Down a penny, or 0.94 per cent, at $1.05 on 4.61 million shares.
Toronto Venture Exchange (944.23 up 1.39 points):
Fission Uranium Corp. (TSXV:FCU). Uranium exploration. Up five cents, or 4.50 per cent, at $1.16 on 8.57 million shares.
KWG Resources Inc. (TSXV:KWG). Metal exploration. Up half a cent, or 10 per cent, at 5.5 cents on 7.09 million shares.
Companies reporting major news:
Bioniche Life Sciences Inc. (TSX:BNC). Biopharmaceutical. Up half a cent, or 1.33 per cent, at 38 cents on 379,500 shares. The company and a group of dissident shareholders have reached an agreement that will see Bioniche replace its chief executive and some of its directors.
Bombardier Inc. (TSX:BBD.B). Plane and train maker. Up eight cents, or 1.61 per cent, at $5.06 on 3.93 million shares. Its rail division won its first major contract in Azerbaijan, pegged at US$288 million.
Dollarama (TSX:DOL). Discount retailer. Up $5.20, or 7.02 per cent, at $79.30 on 579,940 shares. Montreal-based Dollarama says it will add about 120 new stores over the next 18 months as it reported second-quarter results that beat analyst expectations. Net income surged 20 per cent to $59.8 million or 82 cents per share while revenue jumped to $511.3 million from $440.98 million.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.18||-0.01|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.329||+0.014|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.53||-0.05|
Big Picture Bank earnings and upbeat economic news highlight an active week In contrast with last week’s quieter, U.S. holiday-shortened week, the first week of December was a comparatively acti...
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
- Celebrity tutors thrive in Hong Kong's pressure cooker race for university admission
- Audit finds Google executives improperly saved millions on jet fuel
- Japan plans $53 billion stimulus to rev up faltering recovery, counter tax hike
- Japan plans $53 billion stimulus
- Report: Chinese girl fatally struck after Asiana plane crash was hit by 2 separate fire trucks
- Federal Reserve tapering concerns send Toronto stock market tumbling 191 points
- 'Responsible' and 'strategic' most overused words in 2013 on LinkedIn profiles
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- Fortis to acquire UNS Energy for US$4.3B, including US$1.8B in debt
- Loonie advances for third consecutive day after falling to summer 2010 lows
- Spotify launches free mobile service, also streaming Led Zeppelin catalogue
- Canada to benefit from a strengthening U.S. economy in 2014, says RBC Economics