Canadian Press NewsAlert: Unemployment rate falls to 7.1% in August
Sep 6, 2013 / 5:34 am
OTTAWA - Canada's unemployment rate fell to 7.1 per cent in August, from 7.2 per cent the previous month, Statistics Canada reported Friday. The agency said 59,000 net jobs were created during the month, most of them part-time.
More coming . . .
Read more Business News
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
- Loan guarantee for Muskrat Falls finalized: Newfoundland and Labrador premier
- Farm group says new federal bill gives more control to seed companies
- With NHL revenues tied closely to Canadian dollar, Bettman keeps eye on it
- Fewer risks to Canadian financial systems, but housing still a concern: BoC
- Betty Quadracci, co-founder of Quad/Graphics, dies at 75, was Milwaukee Magazine president
- With a cool $31.6 million in its second week, 'Frozen' takes over top spot at the box office
- Canadian Oil Sands appoints new CEO, sets $1.1-billion 2014 capital budget
- Government sells remaining stake in General Motors, loses $10.5 billion on company bailout
- Time to 'Jumpstart' your business
- US job openings and number of workers quitting hit 5-year highs, a hopeful sign for unemployed
- US rule banning banks from trading for their own profit approved by US regulators
- US wholesale stockpiles and sales rise sharply in October, encouraging signs for Q4 growth