Best rating week since June for ABC as college football season starts
Sep 4, 2013 / 1:26 pm
NEW YORK, N.Y. - ABC's best week in the television ratings since mid-June has much to do with the start of college football season.
The Nielsen company said ABC finished second behind CBS in the weekly ratings last week. The most female-friendly broadcast network largely has southern football fans to thank. The Georgia-Clemson game had the biggest audience of any opening-week game in ABC's Saturday night college football series since 2006.
Nielsen said the game was seen by an average of 8.1 million people.
CBS' summertime hit "Under the Dome" was again the nation's most popular TV show last week, the week before Labor Day.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.19||-0.01|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.36||-0.01|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.58||+0.02|
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
- Alaska town's eBay sale of Palin's mayoral vehicle causes stir
- Talisman Energy sells stake in Colombia pipeline for US$595 million
- Chorus Aviation raises dividend by 50 per cent following arbitration win
- Loan guarantee for Muskrat Falls finalized: Newfoundland and Labrador premier
- Farm group says new federal bill gives more control to seed companies
- With NHL revenues tied closely to Canadian dollar, Bettman keeps eye on it
- Fewer risks to Canadian financial systems, but housing still a concern: BoC
- Betty Quadracci, co-founder of Quad/Graphics, dies at 75, was Milwaukee Magazine president
- With a cool $31.6 million in its second week, 'Frozen' takes over top spot at the box office
- Canadian Oil Sands appoints new CEO, sets $1.1-billion 2014 capital budget
- Government sells remaining stake in General Motors, loses $10.5 billion on company bailout
- Time to 'Jumpstart' your business