Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Aug 29, 2013 / 5:18 pm
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Thursday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (12,704.73 up 97.51 points):
Sirocco Mining Inc. (TSX:SIM). Miner. Down half a cent, or 1.11 per cent, at 44.5 cents on 5.79 million shares.
B2Gold Corp. (TSX:BTO). Miner. Up 13 cents, or 4.64 per cent, at $2.93 on 5.55 million shares. The gold sector was up 1.19 per cent to 201.67 points.
Telus Corp. (TSX:T). Wireless communications. Up 82 cents, or 2.54 per cent, at $33.10 on 4.99 million shares. The telecommunications subgroup led the advancers at 111.12 points, up 2.18 per cent.
Kinross Gold Corp. (TSX:K). Miner. Up five cents, or 0.87 per cent, at $5.81 on 4.93 million shares.
Surge Energy Inc. (TSX:SGY). Oil and gas. Up five cents, or 0.83 per cent, at $6.04 on 4.56 million shares.
Toronto Venture Exchange (941.51 up 7.98 points):
Patient Home Monitoring Corp. (TSXV:PHM). Health care service provider. Up a penny, or 5.26 per cent, at 20 cents on 6.32 million shares.
Corsa Coal Corp. (TSXV:CSO). Up half a cent, or 4.55 per cent, at 11.5 cents on 5.65 million shares.
Company reporting major news:
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (TSX:CM). Bank. Up $2.22, or 2.76 per cent, at $82.66 on 2.54 million shares. Third-quarter earnings easily beat analyst expectations while revenue rose three per cent. Net income totalled $890 million or $2.16 per share, up from $841 million or $2 per share in the same year-earlier period. Revenue was $3.26 billion versus $3.15 billion. CIBC also announced a share buyback plan and left its quarterly dividend unchanged at 96 cents per share.
Royal Bank of Canada (TSX:RY). Bank. Up 75 cents, or 1.16 per cent, at $65.24 on 3.56 million shares. Canada's largest bank booked record third-quarter earnings and increased its quarterly dividend by six per cent to 67 cents per share. The record net income was $2.3 billion or $1.52 per share in the May-July period. That's up from $2.24 billion, or $1.47 per share in the same period last year. Revenue decreased to $7.72 billion from $7.76 billion.
Toronto-Dominion Bank (TSX:TD). Bank. Up $2.34, or 2.67 per cent, at $89.93 on 3.88 million shares. The country's second largest bank boosted its quarterly dividend by five per cent to 85 cents per share despite reporting a big drop in earnings due to losses on its insurance business. It earned $1.53 billion or $1.58 per share compared with $1.7 billion or $1.78 per share. Revenue totalled $5.95 billion, up from $5.84 billion.
WestJet Airlines (TSX:WJA). Airliner. Down 21 cents, or 0.95 per cent, at $21.80 on 97,473 shares. The Calgary-based carrier plans to buy 65 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft, with a value of US$6.3 billion at list price. WestJet said the addition will increase its fleet by 50 aircraft.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.28||+0.09|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.38||0.00|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.54||-0.01|
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
- Governments offers help to develop seal products in backing Atlantic industry
- Precision Drilling shares plummet as Alberta fund manager sells stake
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- CIBC logs $836M profit in Q4, cautiously optimistic about next year
- Auto insurers urge holiday season refresher as young drivers return home
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: Canada creates 21,600 jobs, Nov. jobless rate 6.9%
- New CEO will help prepare Royal Bank for future, as divisions feel the pressure
- TD Bank Q4 profit rises to $1.62 billion, adjusted earnings up but miss estimate
- TSX drops 105 points amid mixed earnings from RBC, TD and CIBC, Fed concerns
- Loonie advances, traders look to Canadian, U.S. jobs data being released Friday
- Detroit bankruptcy judge follows up major bench ruling with written opinion, urges compromise
- Barrick Gold critic says Munk's departure will be a positive but concerns remain