Growth in the Canadian economy
Webcast of a press conference by Governor Mark Carney and Senior Deputy Governor Tiff Macklem about the release of the Monetary Policy Report.
- The global economic outlook is slightly weaker than projected in October, although global tail risks have diminished.
- The slowdown in the Canadian economy in the second half of 2012 was more pronounced than anticipated and economic activity is expected to be more restrained. The economy is now forecast to return to full capacity in the second half of 2014.
- Following an estimated 1.9 per cent in 2012, the economy is expected to grow by 2.0 per cent in 2013 and 2.7 per cent in 2014.
- Total CPI inflation is expected to remain around 1 per cent in the near term before rising gradually, along with core inflation, to the 2 per cent target in the second half of 2014.
- On 4 December 2012 and 23 January 2013, the Bank maintained the target for the overnight rate at 1 per cent.
Read more Business News
- Cold and snow returns to the Midwest World
- Sign meeting draws big crowdPenticton / S. Okanagan
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to RoyalsSports
- Another 'Club' teams up with Yacht ClubKelowna
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.24||+0.05|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.47||-0.07|
|Copper Mountain Mining||2.03||-0.11|
|Sunrise Resources Ltd||0.035||+0.005|
|Mission Ready Services||0.29||+0.015|
How will you pay for this today? Maybe it’s time to change the way you answer this common checkout question.With more payment options than ever, consumers can find easy ways to save money, simpl...
In the razzle dazzle of Hollywood it is hard to find anyone who stands out from the crowd. The fraternity of Actors, Producers, Directors and various other technical guru’s seem to live in a wo...
This past Sunday I drove from Kelowna to Powell River. For those of you who’ve never had to, particularly in winter, it means rising in the wee hours; managing a treacherous journey on the Coqui...