Growth in the Canadian economy
Webcast of a press conference by Governor Mark Carney and Senior Deputy Governor Tiff Macklem about the release of the Monetary Policy Report.
- The global economic outlook is slightly weaker than projected in October, although global tail risks have diminished.
- The slowdown in the Canadian economy in the second half of 2012 was more pronounced than anticipated and economic activity is expected to be more restrained. The economy is now forecast to return to full capacity in the second half of 2014.
- Following an estimated 1.9 per cent in 2012, the economy is expected to grow by 2.0 per cent in 2013 and 2.7 per cent in 2014.
- Total CPI inflation is expected to remain around 1 per cent in the near term before rising gradually, along with core inflation, to the 2 per cent target in the second half of 2014.
- On 4 December 2012 and 23 January 2013, the Bank maintained the target for the overnight rate at 1 per cent.
Read more Business News
- Wildfire destroys 10 homesWorld - 12:20 pm
- Warriors hand on, sweep weekendBCHL - 5:15 pm
- Tour operator condemnedBC - 8:47 am
- Firefighters fill boots w cashCentral Okanagan - 8:26 am
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.37||+0.05|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.223||-0.0031|
|Copper Mountain Mining||2.66||-0.02|
|Sunrise Resources Ltd||0.02||-0.005|
|Mission Ready Services||0.29||-0.01|
“Is this a fair offer from ICBC?”…. “How much should I settle for?”… “What is my claim worth?” These are just some of the questions I regularly get as...
Last night I was privileged to be able to speak at the Greater Westside Board of Trade business awards dinner. Photo: ContributedI talked about Innovation and Collaboration which are two very interes...
There will be a time when you will need to decide who you should appoint as executor of your Will. As well, there may be a time when you will be asked by someone to act as the executor of his or her W...