Catalyst Paper terminates deal
Dec 19, 2012 / 10:05 pm
Pulp and paper producer Catalyst Paper says it has terminated an agreement to sell its Elk Falls site in B. C. to Pacifica Deep Sea Terminals.
The move came after the parties were unable to close the deal for a second time.
The $8.6-million sale of the industrial site in Campbell River was originally scheduled to close in early September, but the deadline was extended until Dec. 18.
The Elk Falls mill began operation in 1952, and at its peak, produced 784,000 tonnes of pulp, paper and kraft paper annually.
The site was permanently closed in 2010. Since then, equipment has been decommisioned and demolition has been completed.
When the sale was announced in August, Pacifica said the deal would create 400 new jobs in the region.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||0.64||+0.03|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.71||-0.025|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.75||-0.04|
Big Picture Economic Data Remains the Focus Equity markets around the world continued to decline this week as investors remain focused on the trend of economic data and whether economic growth is stro...
With so many choices and variables, how do you find the perfect fit? Before you start your search, it’s a good idea to narrow down the playing field by looking at what would fit you best. Here&r...
My closest partner is my wife and this week I just wanted to share some of our work from her perspective, as she is more of a "thinker" than me, and I wanted to share our activities and goa...
- Mining, oil and gas companies to face tougher rules around disclosing payments
- TSX adds to losses over central bank concerns
- Asian markets down over concerns
- Global energy companies 'dead serious' about B.C. natural gas, says minister
- Teletoon Canada plans to air 'Inspector Gadget' reboot
- TSX drops in early market trading
- Canadian dollar takes a hit
- Apple unveils music streaming service
- What's up Apple?
- Canadian dollar rises on job report
- Tom Cruise backs Wal-Mart
- Royal Bank to edge up mortgage rates