TD Bank's billion dollar profit
Dec 6, 2012 / 11:33 am
TD Bank Financial Group (TSX:TD) reported a fourth-quarter profit of $1.6 billion Thursday as it announced a deal to buy U.S.-based money manager Epoch Holding Corp. for US$668 million in cash.
"We've been looking for an opportunity to acquire a U.S. asset manager to build our North American Wealth business, which is a key growth area for TD," said Mike Pedersen, who runs TD's wealth management and insurance business.
"This acquisition makes strategic sense for TD. It will broaden our offer for institutional and retail clients in Canada and will immediately and significantly strengthen our U.S. wealth business."
Shareholders of Epoch (Nasdaq:EPHC) will receive US$28 per share under the deal that will see the company continue to operate under its current brand name and operating structure.
With the acquisition, TD said it expects to add approximately US$24 billion in assets under management to the US$207 billion already under management by TD Asset Management.
The purchase was announced as TD released its fourth-quarter and full-year results for 2012.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.28||+0.09|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.38||0.00|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.54||-0.01|
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
I saw your comment while reading your business article on Castanet regarding Harvey’s Hamburgers being the “Best Tasting Hamburgers". It is true, Harvey’s usually wins that awa...
- Precision Drilling shares plummet as Alberta fund manager sells stake
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- CIBC logs $836M profit in Q4, cautiously optimistic about next year
- Auto insurers urge holiday season refresher as young drivers return home
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: Canada creates 21,600 jobs, Nov. jobless rate 6.9%
- New CEO will help prepare Royal Bank for future, as divisions feel the pressure
- TD Bank Q4 profit rises to $1.62 billion, adjusted earnings up but miss estimate
- TSX drops 105 points amid mixed earnings from RBC, TD and CIBC, Fed concerns
- Loonie advances, traders look to Canadian, U.S. jobs data being released Friday
- Detroit bankruptcy judge follows up major bench ruling with written opinion, urges compromise
- Barrick Gold critic says Munk's departure will be a positive but concerns remain
- Canada's agriculture minister says time running short on reaching new WTO deal