Ritchie Bros Auctioneers profit soars
Oct 30, 2012 / 5:08 am
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc. (TSX:RBA) says its third-quarter profit was up sharply from the same time last year as revenue increased 16 per cent to a record $92.3 million.
The Vancouver-based company's net income was $8.2 million or eight cents per share and adjusted earnings were $9.7 million or nine cents per share.
By both measures, Ritchie's profit a year earlier was $6.5 million or six cents per diluted share.
The year-to-year increase was 25 per cent before adjustments and 48 per cent after adjustments.
The results met analyst estimates compiled by Thomson Reuters.
Ritchie Bros says gross proceeds from the auctions it organized $848.5 million, 26 per cent higher than in the same period in 2011.
"During the quarter we continued to see new equipment supply and demand becoming more balanced, contributing to rising new and used equipment inventory levels and a more predictable flow of used equipment to our auctions," said Peter Blake, the company's chief executive officer, said Tuesday.
"We are confident about our growth prospects for the remainder of 2012 and into 2013 as we believe the evolving market conditions are very favourable for our business."
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.28||+0.09|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.38||0.00|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.54||-0.01|
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
I saw your comment while reading your business article on Castanet regarding Harvey’s Hamburgers being the “Best Tasting Hamburgers". It is true, Harvey’s usually wins that awa...
- Precision Drilling shares plummet as Alberta fund manager sells stake
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- CIBC logs $836M profit in Q4, cautiously optimistic about next year
- Auto insurers urge holiday season refresher as young drivers return home
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: Canada creates 21,600 jobs, Nov. jobless rate 6.9%
- New CEO will help prepare Royal Bank for future, as divisions feel the pressure
- TD Bank Q4 profit rises to $1.62 billion, adjusted earnings up but miss estimate
- TSX drops 105 points amid mixed earnings from RBC, TD and CIBC, Fed concerns
- Loonie advances, traders look to Canadian, U.S. jobs data being released Friday
- Detroit bankruptcy judge follows up major bench ruling with written opinion, urges compromise
- Barrick Gold critic says Munk's departure will be a positive but concerns remain
- Canada's agriculture minister says time running short on reaching new WTO deal