Penske now into a Variety of media
Oct 9, 2012 / 10:18 am
Penske Media is buying the industry trade magazine Variety for an undisclosed sum.
The publication has covered Hollywood for more than 100 years and is still considered a top industry news source.
The Reed Elsevier Group said in March that it would put Variety up for sale. It recently sold its other U.S. print magazines as it turns its focus to its business data services.
Penske Media Corp. said Tuesday that it plans to expand Variety's presence around the globe. The digital media and publishing company owns a number variety of lifestyle news brands, including the Hollywood news website Deadline.com
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||0.60||-0.01|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.52||-0.03|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.77||+0.15|
The majority of Canadians prefer to make their big move during the summer season. There are a variety of reasons for choosing this time of year: it is easier to transport boxes in non-icy condition...
It appears as though more people these days are looking for an investment in real estate which offers cash flow returns. The fundamentals of cash flow type properties had been turned upsi...
Getintheloop Marketing Ltd. recently launched their membership platform, Getintheloop.ca. The new website offers an exclusive members area for access to discounts in the South Okanagan on premium res...
- The buck is up - a little
- Cheap deadly cars made in Brazil
- Bangladesh to raise wages
- Open for business
- 'Gatsby' earns $51.1M, 'Iron Man' $72.5M
- Chrysler recalls nearly 470,000 SUVs
- Bell not interested in selling more Astral
- Loonie dips over a quarter
- Taxman and the offshore tax havens
- Sharktopus views turns on YouTube TV
- Social media makes Disney blink
- BCE looks to cut $170 million