Kids in space
Jul 11, 2012 / 6:33 am
British mogul Richard Branson says he and his two children Holly and Sam will be on the first space flight of his Virgin Galactic venture next year.
Branson, the boss of the Virgin business empire, made the revelation Wednesday on Day 3 of the Farnborough Airshow south of London.
Joining Branson at the airshow were 120 other tourists, so-called future astronauts, who have signed up to make the $200,000 two-hour trip into space. Virgin says 529 deposits from potential passengers have been placed for the journey, one more than the total of space travellers since Russia's Yuri Gagarin became the first man to go into space in 1961.
Branson also revealed a plan to launch small satellites into space at a tenth of the current cost.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||0.61||+0.06|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.55||+0.02|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.62||+0.10|
The majority of Canadians prefer to make their big move during the summer season. There are a variety of reasons for choosing this time of year: it is easier to transport boxes in non-icy condition...
It appears as though more people these days are looking for an investment in real estate which offers cash flow returns. The fundamentals of cash flow type properties had been turned upsi...
Getintheloop Marketing Ltd. recently launched their membership platform, Getintheloop.ca. The new website offers an exclusive members area for access to discounts in the South Okanagan on premium res...
- Bangladesh to raise wages
- Open for business
- 'Gatsby' earns $51.1M, 'Iron Man' $72.5M
- Chrysler recalls nearly 470,000 SUVs
- Bell not interested in selling more Astral
- Loonie dips over a quarter
- Taxman and the offshore tax havens
- Sharktopus views turns on YouTube TV
- Social media makes Disney blink
- BCE looks to cut $170 million
- TD Bank: Loonie could fall to 90 cents US
- Mixed results for North American markets