Health minister confirms 2 people have died of Ebola in Congo
KINSHASA, Congo - Congo's health minister says two Ebola deaths have been confirmed in the Central African country.
Felix Kabange Numbi said Sunday that two of eight samples from the northwest Equateur province came back positive for the deadly disease.
Numbi said the samples were from the region where the World Health Organization said an outbreak of hemorrhagic gastroenteritis has killed 70 people in recent weeks.
The WHO said last week those deaths were not Ebola-related.
Numbi said Congolese officials believed Ebola had killed 13 people in the region, including five health workers. He said 11 people were sick and in isolation and that 80 contacts were being traced.
He said the infections were of a different strain than those in the outbreak in West Africa that has killed more than 1,400 people.
Read more Business News
- Family condemns RCMP BC
- Child pornography sentencePenticton / S. Okanagan
- Bobbitt hearing continuesPenticton / S. Okanagan
- Inquest into teen's Mill deathVernon / N. Okanagan
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.12||+0.01|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.191||+0.001|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.99||+0.05|
|Sunrise Resources Ltd||0.06||0.00|
|Mission Ready Services||0.45||0.00|
This time of year, I always worry about which friends of mine will get caught going off the road in adverse weather conditions. With a little preparation most accidents can be avoided. Having won the...
Photo: Thinkstock.comThe end of record-low rates is nigh, according to one major bank, which has taken a stance and predicted when the Bank of Canada will raise its long-standing overnight rate. &ldq...
The third week in October is “Small Business Week”, a week dedicated to supporting local, small businesses. The week was designed to bring awareness to Canadians about the role small busin...