Canada Post announces 11 centres moving to community mail boxes in the fall
OTTAWA - Eleven centres will start collecting mail at community boxes this fall as Canada Post begins its move to end door-to-door delivery.
Itâ€™s the first stage of a five-year plan announced in December and will involve about 100,000 addresses.
Canada Post says that in large cities during this phase, only a few neighbourhoods will be affected, and delivery will continue to businesses.
In the smaller municipalities, nearly all households and a higher proportion of businesses will move to community mailboxes.
Canada Post says these neighbourhoods are near areas that already have community mailboxes, so the infrastructure is already in place.
The Crown Corporation will ask for feedback about the change for use as the program moves to other communities.
The national mail service says rising costs and falling mail volumes have made it impossible to continue its traditional operations
It says only about one-third of Canadians are still getting home delivery.
The 11 communities and the approximate number of affected addresses are:
- Some neighbourhoods in Calgary (Postal codes start with T2B, T3J) (10,450 addresses)
- Fort McMurray, Alta. (8,450 addresses)
- Some neighbourhoods in Winnipeg (Postal codes start with R2P, R2V) (12,500 addresses)
- Oakville, Ont. (26,400 addresses)
- Neighbourhoods in Kanata (Postal codes start with K2K, K2L, K2M) (7,900 addresses)
- RosemÃ¨re, Que. (3,350 addresses)
- Lorraine, Que. (2,550 addresses)
- Bois-des-Filion, Que. (2,750 addresses)
- Charlemagne, Que. (1,300 addresses)
- Repentigny, Que. (14,400 addresses)
- Halifax neighbourhoods in the Lower Sackville and Bedford areas (Postal codes start with (B4A, B4B, B4C, B4E, B4G) (9,950 addresses).
Read more Business News
- Wildfire destroys 10 homesWorld - 12:20 pm
- Tour operator condemnedBC - 8:47 am
- Firefighters fill boots w cashCentral Okanagan - 8:26 am
- Consultation for cell towers?Poll
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.37||+0.05|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.223||-0.0031|
|Copper Mountain Mining||2.66||-0.02|
|Sunrise Resources Ltd||0.02||-0.005|
|Mission Ready Services||0.29||-0.01|
“Is this a fair offer from ICBC?”…. “How much should I settle for?”… “What is my claim worth?” These are just some of the questions I regularly get as...
Last night I was privileged to be able to speak at the Greater Westside Board of Trade business awards dinner. Photo: ContributedI talked about Innovation and Collaboration which are two very interes...
There will be a time when you will need to decide who you should appoint as executor of your Will. As well, there may be a time when you will be asked by someone to act as the executor of his or her W...