Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Nov 5, 2013 / 4:36 am
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Monday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (13,361.73 up 24.27 points):
BlackBerry (TSX:BB). Wireless technology. Down $1.34, or 16.56 per cent, at $6.75 on 8.38 million shares. The company's largest stakeholder pulled out of its original plan to buy the struggling smartphone maker. Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. (TSX:FFH) is now leading a group that will inject US$1 billion to resuscitate BlackBerry under new management. CEO Thorsten Heins is out, replaced by new chairman and interim CEO John Chen. Fairfax's stock dropped 10.77 points, or 2.48 per cent, at $423.98 on 63,479 shares.
Bombardier Inc. (TSX:BBD.B). Transportation equipment. Down four cents, or 0.87 per cent, at $4.54 on 6.85 million shares.
Kinross Gold Corp. (TSX:K). Miner. Up 24 cents, or 4.80 per cent, at $5.24 on 4.80 million shares. The gold sector led the decliners on the main index, shedding 4.51 per cent, at 171.82 points.
Barrick Gold Corp. (TSX:ABX). Miner. Up 36 cents, or 1.92 per cent, at $19.08 on 4.54 million shares.
Jaguar Mining Inc. (TSX:JAG). Miner. Down 11 cents, or 59.46 per cent, at 7.5 cents on 3.83 million shares.
Manulife Financial Corp. (TSX:MFC). Insurance. Down three cents, or 0.16 per cent, at $18.49 on 3.71 million shares.
Toronto Venture Exchange (952.58 down 2.76 points):
Africa Hydrocarbons Inc. (TSXV:NFK). Oil and gas. Up three cents, or 12 per cent, at 28 cents on 5.89 million shares.
Xmet Inc. (TSXV:XME). Mining. Up 1.5 cents or 150 per cent, at 2.5 cents on 3.04 million shares.
Companies reporting major news:
Heroux-Devtek Inc. (TSX:HRX). Aerospace. Down 35 cents, or 3.76 per cent, at $8.95 on 124,217 shares. The plane landing gear maker will cut 40 employees due to reduced military spending and the recent partial government shutdown in the U.S.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.30||+0.02|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.38||0.00|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.545||+0.005|
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
- Cosmopolitan Las Vegas opens new glass factory-themed concert and meeting space
- US unemployment rate falls to 5-year low of 7 per cent as employers add 203,000 jobs
- Cold weather forces delays, cancellations for air travellers but expected to ease soon
- Stocks jump, breaking a five-day losing streak, after US reports more hiring gains last month
- NBC's 'Sound of Music' live telecast was Thursday's favourite thing with 18.5 million viewers
- E-commerce growth slowing in Canada as shoppers look to overseas e-stores
- US consumer spending up 0.3 per cent in October but wages and salaries post weak gain
- Healthy hiring in November would mark fourth straight month of solid job growth
- Bruce Lee's iconic yellow jumpsuit fetches $100,000 at Hong Kong auction
- Spotify to allow users to create playlists on phones and tablets and listen to them for free
- US lurching from 'crisis to crisis,' politics influenced by money: Gary Doer
- Governments offers help to develop seal products in backing Atlantic industry