Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Oct 29, 2013 / 5:28 am
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Monday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (13,371.84 down 27.58 points):
Marengo Mining Ltd. (TSX:MRN). Miner. Up half a cent, or 25 per cent, to 2.5 cents on 28.2 million shares. Base metals sector lost 0.75 per cent with December copper unchanged at US$3.27 a pound.
Volta Resources Inc. (TSX:VTR). Miner. Up 20 cents, or 97.56 per cent, to 40.5 cents on 24.3 million shares.
B2Gold Corp. (TSX:BTO). Miner. Up three cents, or 1.07 per cent, to $2.84 on 9.2 million shares. Gold stocks led advancers, up about 0.9 per cent while December bullion closed 30 cents lower to US$1,352.20 an ounce.
Bombardier Inc. (TSX:BBD.B), Transportation. Down 11 cents, or 2.05 per cent, to $5.26 on 6.6 million shares.
Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. (TSX:TRQ). Miner. Down four cents, or 0.78 per cent, to $5.06 on 5.2 million shares.
Osisko Mining Corp. (TSX:OSK). Miner. Up 10 cents, or 1.88 per cent, at $5.42 on 4.2 million shares.
Toronto Venture Exchange (972.31 down 1.27 points):
E.S.I. Environmental Sensors Inc. (TSX:ESV). Technology. Down half a cent, or 8.33 per cent, to 5.5 cents on 4.3 million shares.
Global Cobalt Corp. (TSXV:GCO). Miner. Up 6.5 cents, or 86.67 per cent, to 14 cents on 4.2 million shares.
Companies reporting major news:
Tim Hortons (TSX:THI). Down 15 cents, or 0.24 per cent, to $63.66 on 345,102 shares. The coffee chain is going to give customers a choice for their regular morning double-double, as it tries out new dark roast coffee in addition to its regular blend at locations in London, Ont., and Columbus, Ohio.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (TSX:VRX). Down $2.26 or 1.92 per cent, to $115.34. The company has agreed to pay $142.5 million to settle all outstanding disputes with Anacor Pharmaceuticals of Palo Alto, Calif. The payment includes a previously announced $100-million award of damages to Anacor (Nasdaq:ANAC) related to a contractual dispute with Dow Pharmaceutical Sciences, Inc., a Valeant subsidiary.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.19||0.00|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.315||-0.045|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.58||0.00|
Big Picture Bank earnings and upbeat economic news highlight an active week In contrast with last week’s quieter, U.S. holiday-shortened week, the first week of December was a comparatively acti...
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
- Pilot's fears came true as plane crashed
- 'Sound of Music,' Panthers-Saints game draw viewers to NBC, giving it a strong ratings week
- Raitt defends Canada Post's decision to phase out urban mail delivery
- Extreme weather apparel maker Canada Goose sells majority stake to Bain Capital
- OPG fires 3 executives after auditor says generous salaries push up hydro rates
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- Canada Post to phase out home delivery; eliminate thousands of postions
- Gas main leak that led to fire, evacuations in Oakland, California, is capped
- Reid says Senate will not extend farm law despite threat of milk prices rising
- Canadian Press NewsAlert:Canada Post to phase out home delivery in urban centres
- Tax prepare H&R Block posts slightly smaller 2Q loss, dip in revenue
- Gold stocks push Toronto stock market modestly higher amid Fed concerns