Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Oct 28, 2013 / 5:34 am
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Friday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (13,399.42 up 74.67 points):
Athabasca Oil Corp. (TSX:ATH). Oil and gas. Up nine cents, or 1.40 per cent, at $6.50 on 6.76 million shares. The energy sector was up one per cent at 271.91 points as the December crude oil contract on the New York Mercantile Exchange rose 74 cents to US$97.85 a barrel.
Osisko Mining Corp. (TSX:OSK). Miner. Up 10 cents, or 1.92 per cent, at $5.32 on 6.47 million shares.
Barrick Gold Corp. (TSX:ABX). Miner. Up 12 cents, or 0.57 per cent, at $21.07 on 5.14 million shares. The gold sector ended the day 1.03 per cent higher at 188.02 points. The price of the December bullion contract advanced $2.20 to US$1,352.50 an ounce.
Goldcorp (TSX:G). Miner. Up 22 cents, or 0.79 per cent, at $27.98 on 5.01 million shares.
Antrim Energy Inc. (TSX:AEN). Oil and gas. Up 1.5 cents, or 15.79 per cent, at 11 cents on 3.37 million shares.
Toronto Venture Exchange (973.58 up 0.87 point):
Petromanas Energy Inc. (TSXV:PMI). Oil and gas exploration. Down two cents, or 16.67 per cent, at 10 cents on 6.18 million shares.
Helio Resource Corp. (TSXV:HRC). Gold exploration. Up 2.5 cents, or 35.71 per cent, at 9.5 cents on 5.39 million shares.
Companies reporting major news:
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP). Railway. Up $2.09, or 1.41 per cent, at $150.04 on 569,469 shares. The share price rose even after activist investor Bill Ackman's Pershing Square Capital Management, the railway's biggest shareholder, disclosed it has divested about a third of its holdings in Canadian Pacific.
Saputo (TSX:SAP). Dairy. Up 46 cents, or 0.90 per cent, at $51.82 on 154,186 shares. The Canadian cheese giant announced after markets closed Thursday that it had raised its bid for Warrnambool Cheese and Butter, Australia's fourth-largest dairy producer.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.24||-0.04|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.38||0.00|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.53||-0.01|
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
- Singer Bocelli visits MIT for workshop on adaptive technology for the visually impaired
- Cosmopolitan Las Vegas opens new glass factory-themed concert and meeting space
- US unemployment rate falls to 5-year low of 7 per cent as employers add 203,000 jobs
- Cold weather forces delays, cancellations for air travellers but expected to ease soon
- Stocks jump, breaking a five-day losing streak, after US reports more hiring gains last month
- NBC's 'Sound of Music' live telecast was Thursday's favourite thing with 18.5 million viewers
- E-commerce growth slowing in Canada as shoppers look to overseas e-stores
- US consumer spending up 0.3 per cent in October but wages and salaries post weak gain
- Healthy hiring in November would mark fourth straight month of solid job growth
- Bruce Lee's iconic yellow jumpsuit fetches $100,000 at Hong Kong auction
- Spotify to allow users to create playlists on phones and tablets and listen to them for free
- US lurching from 'crisis to crisis,' politics influenced by money: Gary Doer