Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Oct 24, 2013 / 5:44 am
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (13,243.40 down 4.66 points):
Talisman Energy Inc. (TSX:TLM). Oil and gas. Up two cents, or 0.16 per cent, at $12.62 on 8.85 million shares.
Surge Energy Inc. (TSX:SGY). Oil and gas. Up 17 cents, or 2.53 per cent, at $6.89 on 6.59 million shares. After the market closed Tuesday, the company announced two light oil acquisitions for a total of $282 million in cash and shares, boosting its 2013 and 2014 production guidance and increasing its annual dividend 16 per cent to 50 cents per share.
Encana Corp. (TSX:ECA). Natural gas. Up 36 cents, or 1.92 per cent, at $19.15 on six million shares. Third-quarter operating earnings at the natural gas giant were well below last year's but beat estimates by a wide margin amid significant cost reductions.
Athabasca Oil Corp. (TSX:ATH). Oil and gas. Down two cents, or 0.33 per cent, at $6.13 on 5.51 million shares.
B2Gold Corp. (TSX:BTO). Miner. Down nine cents, or 3.37 per cent, at $2.58 on 5.46 million shares. The gold sector was one of the leading decliners, down 2.33 per cent to 178.31 points as the price of the bullion finished at US$1,334 an ounce, down $8.60.
Toronto Venture Exchange (966.87 down 4.81 points):
Selwyn Resources Ltd. (TSXV:SWN). Miner. Unchanged at 8.5 cents on 7.36 million shares.
Mart Resources Inc. (TSXV:MMT). Oil and gas. Down a penny, or 0.85 per cent, at $1.17 on 7.12 million shares.
Company reporting major news:
Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. (TSX:CP). Railway. Up $13.79, or 10.23 per cent, at $148.53 on 1.32 million shares. The railway reported record earnings and revenue and its best operating ratio ever in the third quarter. CP earned $324 million or $1.84 per share, up from $224 million or $1.30 per share in the same year-earlier period. Total revenue increased by six per cent to $1.5 billion.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.28||+0.09|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.38||0.00|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.54||-0.01|
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
I saw your comment while reading your business article on Castanet regarding Harvey’s Hamburgers being the “Best Tasting Hamburgers". It is true, Harvey’s usually wins that awa...
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- CIBC logs $836M profit in Q4, cautiously optimistic about next year
- Auto insurers urge holiday season refresher as young drivers return home
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: Canada creates 21,600 jobs, Nov. jobless rate 6.9%
- New CEO will help prepare Royal Bank for future, as divisions feel the pressure
- TD Bank Q4 profit rises to $1.62 billion, adjusted earnings up but miss estimate
- TSX drops 105 points amid mixed earnings from RBC, TD and CIBC, Fed concerns
- Loonie advances, traders look to Canadian, U.S. jobs data being released Friday
- Detroit bankruptcy judge follows up major bench ruling with written opinion, urges compromise
- Barrick Gold critic says Munk's departure will be a positive but concerns remain
- Canada's agriculture minister says time running short on reaching new WTO deal
- Stocks head for a fifth straight loss on Wall Street; Retailers drop on weak results