Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Oct 17, 2013 / 5:44 am
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (12,957.21 up 25.75 points):
Angle Energy Inc. (TSX:NGL). Oil and gas. Up 60 cents, or 19.29 per cent, to $3.71 on 23.6 million shares. The energy sector was ahead 0.6 per cent and the November crude contract on the New York Mercantile Exchange erased early losses to close up $1.08 at US$102.29 a barrel.
Bellatrix Exploration Ltd. (TSX:BXE). Oil and gas. Down 39 cents, or 4.67 per cent, to $7.96 on 11.6 million shares.
Bombardier Inc. (TSX:BBD.B). Transportation. Up three cents, or 0.61 per cent, to $4.98 on 4.5 million shares.
Talisman Energy Inc. (TSX:TLM). Oil and gas. Down two cents, or 0.16 per cent, to $12.50 on 4.2 million shares.
Eldorado Gold Corp. (TSX:ELD). Miner. Down 18 cents, or 2.99 per cent, to $5.84 on 3.06 million shares. The TSX gold sector led decliners, down about two per cent, while December gold bullion in New York turned positive, gaining $9.10 to US$1,282.30 an ounce.
Air Canada (TSX:AC.B). Airline. Up 20 cents, or 4.18 per cent, to $4.99 on 2.9 million shares.
Toronto Venture Exchange (925.88 down 3.25 points):
Petrodorado Energy Ltd. (TSXV:PDQ). Oil and gas. Down half a cent, or 14.29 per cent, to three cents on 13.1 million shares.
Africa Hydrocarbons Inc. (TSXV:NFK). Oil and gas. Down four cents, or 16.33 per cent, to 20.5 cents on 4.7 million shares.
Companies reporting major news:
Ivanhoe Mines (TSX:IVN). Miner. 13 cents, or 6.1 per cent, to $2.26 on 595,242 shares in the wake of reports of strong exploration results at a platinum mine project in South Africa.
Loblaw Companies Ltd. (TSX:L). Grocer. Up $1.08, or 2.35 per cent, to $47.09 on 488,833 shares. Canada's largest grocer announced it is cutting its management and administrative ranks by 275 employees as it tries to reduce expenses alongside its acquisition of Shoppers Drug Mart. While it provided no details on the downsizing in a brief email response Wednesday, the company is continuing to grapple with heightened competition from fellow grocers and a consolidation of the industry.
SNC-Lavalin Inc. (TSX:SNC). Engineering. Down $2, or 4.53 per cent, to $42.13 on 896,816 shares. On Tuesday, the engineering giant sharply lowered its earnings forecast for fiscal 2013.SNC said late Tuesday it now expects consolidated net income in fiscal 2013 to be in the range of $10 million to $50 million, as compared with previous guidance in the range of $220 million to $235 million.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.19||0.00|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.315||-0.045|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.58||0.00|
Big Picture Bank earnings and upbeat economic news highlight an active week In contrast with last week’s quieter, U.S. holiday-shortened week, the first week of December was a comparatively acti...
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
- US government runs $135.2 billion budget deficit in November, 21.4 per cent below a year ago
- Hudson's Bay reports larger Q3 loss, due to costs associated with Saks' purchase
- Sales of extra-large smartphones will take off in 2014: tech prediction
- Pilot's fears came true as plane crashed
- 'Sound of Music,' Panthers-Saints game draw viewers to NBC, giving it a strong ratings week
- Raitt defends Canada Post's decision to phase out urban mail delivery
- Extreme weather apparel maker Canada Goose sells majority stake to Bain Capital
- OPG fires 3 executives after auditor says generous salaries push up hydro rates
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- Canada Post to phase out home delivery; eliminate thousands of postions
- Gas main leak that led to fire, evacuations in Oakland, California, is capped
- Reid says Senate will not extend farm law despite threat of milk prices rising