Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Oct 16, 2013 / 5:38 am
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Tuesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (12,931.46 up 39.35 points):
Energy Fuels Inc. (TSX:EFR). Miner. Down two cents, or 14.29 per cent, at 12 cents on 11.45 million shares.
Orbite Aluminae Inc. (TSX:ORT). Miner. Up 11 cents, or 20.75 per cent, at 64 cents on 4.16 million shares.
Carpathian Gold Inc. (TSX:CPN). Miner. Down two cents, or 26.67 per cent, at 5.5 cents on 3.64 million shares.
Talisman Energy Inc. (TSX:TLM). Oil and gas. Down 19 cents, or 1.49 per cent, at $12.52 on 3.42 million shares.
Torex Gold Resources Inc. (TSX:TXG). Miner. Up eight cents, or 6.78 per cent, at $1.26 on 3.17 million shares.
Toronto Venture Exchange (929.13 down 0.24 point):
Solimar Energy Ltd. (TSXV:SXS). Oil and gas. Down half a cent, or 50 per cent, at five cents on 9.46 million shares.
Africa Hydrocarbons Inc. (TSXV:NFK). Oil and gas. Up six cents, or 32.43 per cent, at 24.5 cents on 6.35 million shares.
Companies reporting major news:
BlackBerry (TSX:BB). Wireless technology. Up 15 cents, or 1.80 per cent, at $8.50 on two million shares. The company appeals to its customers through social media to stay with the troubled smartphone maker as it restructures. The former Research In Motion posted a second-quarter loss of $965 million and cut 40 per cent of its global workforce.
Toronto Dominion Bank (TSX:TD). Bank. Down 19 cents, or 0.21 per cent, at $92.32 on 1.30 million shares. The Sunday Times reported that TD Bank is considering buying the Royal Bank of Scotland's U.S. retail business Citizens for US$13 billion. TD Bank and RBS both declined comment on the report.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.28||+0.09|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.38||0.00|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.54||-0.01|
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
I saw your comment while reading your business article on Castanet regarding Harvey’s Hamburgers being the “Best Tasting Hamburgers". It is true, Harvey’s usually wins that awa...
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- CIBC logs $836M profit in Q4, cautiously optimistic about next year
- Auto insurers urge holiday season refresher as young drivers return home
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: Canada creates 21,600 jobs, Nov. jobless rate 6.9%
- New CEO will help prepare Royal Bank for future, as divisions feel the pressure
- TD Bank Q4 profit rises to $1.62 billion, adjusted earnings up but miss estimate
- TSX drops 105 points amid mixed earnings from RBC, TD and CIBC, Fed concerns
- Loonie advances, traders look to Canadian, U.S. jobs data being released Friday
- Detroit bankruptcy judge follows up major bench ruling with written opinion, urges compromise
- Barrick Gold critic says Munk's departure will be a positive but concerns remain
- Canada's agriculture minister says time running short on reaching new WTO deal
- Stocks head for a fifth straight loss on Wall Street; Retailers drop on weak results