Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Oct 9, 2013 / 3:50 am
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Tuesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (12,692.41 down 95.84 points):
Talisman Energy Inc. (TSX:TLM). Oil and gas. Down 26 cents, or 1.98 per cent, at $12.89 on 14.55 million shares. Activist investor Carl Icahn revealed Monday that he has bought more than 61.5 million shares of the energy giant for a 5.97 per cent stake.
Twin Butte Energy Ltd. (TSX:TBE). Oil and gas. Down six cents, or 2.84 per cent, at $2.05 on 6.67 million shares. The energy sector was one of the leading decliners, down 1.04 per cent at 260.40 points.
Pacific Rim Mining Corp. (TSX:PMU). Miner. Up 1.5 cents, or 42.86 per cent, at five cents on 6.24 million shares. OceanaGold Corp. (TSX:OGC) announced an all-stock acquisition deal that values the Central American-focused miner at about $12.7 million. OceanaGold's stock fell 11 cents, or 7.28 per cent, at $1.40 on 304,536 shares.
Bombardier Inc. (TSX:BBD.B). Train and plane maker. Up five cents, or 1.06 per cent, at $4.78 on 3.69 million shares.
Teck Resources Ltd. (TSX:TCK.B). Miner. Down 77 cents, or 2.82 per cent, at $26.56 on 3.22 million shares. The metals and mining sector closed at 752.50 points, down 2.26 per cent.
Toronto Venture Exchange (939.36 down 8.16 points):
Mart Resources Inc. (TSXV:MMT). Oil and gas. Down four cents, or 3.23 per cent, at $1.20 on 5.31 million shares.
ZoomMed Inc. (TSXV:ZMD). Software maker. Up a penny, or 25 per cent, at five cents, on 4.23 million shares.
Companies reporting major news:
Saputo (TSX:SAP). Dairy. Up $2.02, or 4.08 per cent, at $51.50 on 607,134 shares. The dairy and cheese giant entered into a $378-million agreement to buy Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory Company Holdings Ltd., one of Australia's largest and oldest milk processors.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.18||-0.01|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.329||+0.014|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.53||-0.05|
Big Picture Bank earnings and upbeat economic news highlight an active week In contrast with last week’s quieter, U.S. holiday-shortened week, the first week of December was a comparatively acti...
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
- Ad or not, soaring WestJet viral video a branding win: marketing experts
- Mobile trend will push phone, tablet ownership past PCs in 2014: IDC Canada
- Court strikes down several claims in wheat board lawsuit, but case move ahead
- Airlines forecast big profit jump to $19.7 billion in 2014 as fuel prices fall, demand rises
- US business stockpiles jump 0.7 per cent in October, biggest gain since January
- US hits firms evading Iran sanctions, while Congress debate over new measures goes on
- Bombardier and Embraer split American Airlines regional jet order
- Britain's phone-hacking trial hears Queen Elizabeth II annoyed by nut-eating police officers
- CPPIB buys portfolio of agricultural land from Assiniboia Farmland LP for $128M
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000, reflecting bump in claims after holiday
- BoC's Poloz says low interest rates needed to keep deflation at bay
- New house prices rose in October after flat September: StatsCan