Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
Oct 8, 2013 / 5:40 am
TORONTO - Some of the most active companies traded Monday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (12,788.25 up 29.60 points):
Air Canada (TSX:AC.B). Airline. Up 17 cents, or 3.79 per cent, to $4.66 on 6.5 million shares.
Talisman Energy Inc. (TSX:TLM). Oil and gas. Up 60 cents, or 4.78 per cent, to $13.15 on 5.1 million shares. The energy sector was ahead 0.04 per cent as the November contract on the New York Mercantile Exchange fell 81 cents to US$103.03 a barrel.
Osisko Mining Corp. (TSX:OSK). Miner. Up 35 cents, or seven per cent, to $5.35 on 4.2 million shares. The base metals sector was the biggest decliner, down 1.23 per cent even as copper prices erased earlier losses to close unchanged at US$3.30 a pound.
Twin Butte Energy Ltd. (TSX:TBE). Oil and gas. Down one cent, or 0.47 per cent, to $2.11 on 4.04 million shares.
B2Gold Corp. (TSX:BTO). Miner. Up 16 cents, or 6.72 per cent, to $2.54 on 3.7 million shares. The gold sector was the leading advancer, up about 2.1 per cent as investors looking for safety pushed December bullion ahead $15.20 to US$1,325.10 an ounce.
Petrowest Corp. (TSX:PRW). Oil and gas. Up five cents, or 6.25 per cent, to 85 cents on 3.5 million shares.
Toronto Venture Exchange (947.52 down 7.84 points):
Belvedere Resources Ltd. (TSXV:BEL). Miner. Down 2.5 cents, or 45.45 per cent, to three cents on 2.8 million shares.
Africa Hydrocarbons Inc. (TSXV:NFK). Oil and gas. Up 2.5 cents, or 29.41 per cent, to 11 cents on 2.5 million shares.
Companies reporting major news:
BlackBerry Ltd. (TSX:BB). Wireless communication. Up 32 cents, or 4.06 per cent, to $8.20 on 2.1 million shares. Reuters reported Friday that the struggling smartphone maker was holding discussions with Cisco, Google and SAP about a possible sale of all or part of itself. It cited "several sources close to the matter" that were not identified.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.12||0.00|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.2565||-0.0435|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.58||+0.04|
While it is not possible to “rule from the grave”, many people, wishing to ensure that the legacy they have built up during their lifetime lasts, try all manner of things to ensure that th...
Salespeople attend networking events with the objective of finding potential customers. Many, however, are ill-prepared for the task. They don’t have a planned strategy to properly develop opp...
There are few holiday traditions as time-honoured as greeting cards. A mailbox bursting with good tidings from family and friends is one of the fundamental joys of the season. Although their history d...
- DHX Media reaches licensing deals with video-on-demand services in U.S., Europe
- Canada Post makes parcels a priority service as it focuses on turning a profit
- Former BP engineer convicted of 1 charge of obstructing oil spill probe, acquitted of another
- Winning $636M tix in Atlanta & San Jose
- Convicted of obstructing oil spill probe
- AP Sources: Archer Daniels Midland to open global headquarters in Chicago, relocate employees
- Conservatives to limit study of cuts to mail deliver proposed by Canada Post
- Imperial seeks regulatory approval for new, $7-billion oilsands project
- Fortress Paper to idle Quebec pulp plant for 10 weeks just ahead of Christmas
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- Miners faced environmental and political challenges around the world in 2013
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: GardaWorld gets 12-year contract from Bank of America