Dear Cop - Designated Drivers

Not really a "traffic question" but do you happen to know the name of the
Company whereby they drive you AND your vehicle home for a donation ?

The service is called "Designated Drivers". A driver who has been drinking only has to call 250-212-9631. A driver will arrive and will drive all occupants and the vehicle to an address supplied. There is a minimum fee and there is also a charge depending on the distance which the vehicle has to be driven.

There are also certain tow companies that will tow a vehicle to the registered owners address. The driver may also have a ride as well. This service is offered at a discount rate from the standard towing charges.
Any method used is a service to any driver who has been drinking. It makes our streets much safer for everybody.

It would also be a lot less money than hiring a lawyer to defend a driver who has been charged with impaired driving.

Constable R.A.(Richard) ASELTON
Central Okanagan Traffic Services - Media Liaison
Kelowna R.C.M.P. Detachment

More Behind the Wheel articles

About the Author

Tim Schewe is a retired constable with many years of traffic law enforcement experience. He has been writing his column for most of the 20 years of his service in the RCMP.

The column was 'The Beat Goes On' in Fort St. John, 'Traffic Tips' in the South Okanagan and now 'Behind the Wheel' on Vancouver Island and here on Castanet.net.

Schewe retired from the force in January of 2006, but the column has become a habit, and continues.

To comment, please email

To learn more, visit DriveSmartBC

The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet does not warrant the contents.

Previous Stories