Ex Sun goes in CFL draft
Former Okanagan Sun linebacker Max Caron has found a home in the Canadian Football League.
Caron was taken by the Calgary Stampeders in the second round (16th overall) of the CFL draft Tuesday night.
The Kingston, ON native spent two seasons with the Sun in 2008 and 2009.
His 2007 season was cut short when he tore his left ACL in training camp.
Over hi two years with the Sun Caron amassed 62 tackles, two sacks, five fumble recoveries, and interception and two touchdowns.
He parlayed his time with the Sun into a four year college career at Concordia University in Montreal.
In 2011, his second year at Concordia, Caron was awarded the Presidents' Trophy as the top defensive player in Canadian University Football.
Caron headed into Tuesday's draft ranked 10th among prospects eligible for the draft.
He was the only former Sun player taken in this year's CFL draft.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more BCFC articles
- Prolific offender goes campingKelowna - 12:42 pm
- Pickup hit and runKelowna - 4:00 pm
- City responds to court rulingPenticton / S. Okanagan - 3:36 pm
- Sleeping jumper smacks houseVernon / N. Okanagan - 2:59 pm
- Okanagan Sun
- Kelowna Minor Football
- Penticton Minor Football
- Kelowna Touch Football League
- BC High School Football
- KSS Football
- Football BC
- BC Football Conference
- CFL | NFL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Yochim earns BCFC honour Jul 29
- Sun take down Huskers in opener Jul 26
- Sun ready to open new season Jul 26
- Ex Sun goes in CFL draft May 14
- Leos eye 2 more Sun players Apr 11
(Click for RSS instructions.)