Leos eye 2 more Sun players
The Okanagan Sun football team will have a strong presence at the BC Lions evaluation camp later this month.
Six players from the Sun will be attending the camp, including defensive back Matt McConnell and offensive lineman (and Rutland Senior grad) Michele Vecchio.
McConnell had 21 tackles this past season, to go along with a fumble recovery and three interceptions – one of which was returned for a touchdown.
The other four players had already been invited and include Jonas Gering (DL), Brandon Donkers (LB), Brennan Van Nistelrooy (DB) and Jack Rush (S).
This is the third straight year that the Lions have opened their doors to the BCFC and the team will treat this the same way they do at the CFL and NFL combines by recording each player’s height, weight, bench press, broad jump and vertical.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more BCFC articles
- Charged with manslaughterVernon / N. Okanagan - 9:00 am
- Jail time for high speed crashKelowna - 10:30 am
- Mysterious package at cop shopPenticton / S. Okanagan - 12:00 pm
- Girl abducted, sexually assaultedBC
- Okanagan Sun
- Kelowna Minor Football
- Penticton Minor Football
- Kelowna Touch Football League
- BC High School Football
- KSS Football
- Football BC
- BC Football Conference
- CFL | NFL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Sun throttle Broncos, 1st in BCFC Aug 23
- Sun, Broncos clash matters Aug 22
- Sun air show plunders Raiders Aug 16
- Sun look for rare double Aug 16
- Sun lineman gets some love Aug 14
(Click for RSS instructions.)