Man in 20's dies in rollover crash
Sep 26, 2013 / 4:15 pm
A man in his late 20’s is dead following a single vehicle accident last night (Wednesday) near Kamloops.
RCMP were called to the scene around 11:20 p.m. after a car was reported to have rolled just south of the Inks Lake turn off.
Investigators determined the vehicle was travelling northbound in the passing lane , when the 2002 Ford F350 truck drifted onto the left shoulder.
Evidence shows the driver attempted to correct the wheel, causing the vehicle to skid across two lanes and collide with the cement barrier.
The truck jumped the barrier and rolled down a steep embankment several times.
The 29-year-old male driver, who was not wearing his seatbelt, was ejected from the vehicle and died as a result of his injuries.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)